• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2013 IPF Commonwealth/Oceania Champs

Nauru lifter 74kg 640kg total raw, 65kg ahead of leading aust.

250kg squat world junior record.

Must be good food and genetics, albeit Nauru conducted no drug tests in 2012. Some of these pacific islanders have great builds for power-weight lifting.

250kg squat (no wraps), 135kg bench, and 255kg deadlift, 640kg total.

Last edited:
83kg Nauru lifter squatted 260.5kg.

18 year old kiwi 83kg benched 142.5kg

Last edited:
in what way I am obsessed with drugs, just pointing out Nauru has no testing.

I said

'Must be good food and genetics, albeit Nauru conducted no drug tests in 2012. Some of these pacific islanders have great builds for power-weight lifting'.

oh, I also mentioned Polke.

Yes, I am guilty of praising drug free lifts, someone has to given the immense advantage drugs give lifts.

Last edited:
Are you implying I take steroids? If so, that's incredibly hilarious and I simply won't be able to read anything you type seriously again. If you're referring to the ephedrine I take, that's a lesser, but still significant level of humour I'm feeling

I am not talking about you Oni, it was meant in general tense.

I changed it to avoid misunderstanding.

How do I know if someone is on them or not, you can only take one's word. for what it is worth, my gut feeling is you are genuine with your comments.

Last edited:
I am not talking about you Oni, it was meant in general tense.

I changed it to avoid misunderstanding.

How do I know if someone is on them or not, you can only take one's word.

It's my personal belief that steroids, outside of making you more muscular than you can do naturally, do not "give" you strength. Of course there are the idiots running more than a gram, multiple grams of androgens but they do not last. The best natural guys will be just as strong as the enhanced guys up until a certain weight class (110+ most likely). I have rreasons for this but am at the cricket, if you want to learn more than feel free to pm me and I can tell you all about it

can't agree on that one Oni, your view is not shared by my own experience years ago, or by my mates who were under 100kg.

All I have known, and all I have asked, say they got 15-23%. Lots of them under 100kg.

Last edited:
cant really comment on people i dont know
they do give you maybe 20% but that doesnt mean a natural guy cant close that gap
over 20 years there will be little difference, the reason is igf if you want to read it up

I will start a new thread on it later this weekend (maybe tonight).

We (and others) can discuss and you can post stuff for 'food for thought'.

I will detail my experience.

Last edited:
does anyone know how the freako went; saw his 205kg squat and then basically went in and out of a coma on the coach before staggering to bed.

The comp must have finished very late.

Raw big guys today:

Tuchscherer Michael competing, 337.5kg squat, 207.5kg bench, 371kg deadlift, 916kg total.

Nauru super squatted 370kg, 242.5kg bench,300kg dead, 912.5kg total

Last edited: