• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A Massive Collection Of Iron Mike’s Greatest Moments In The Ring!

Problem was Tyson came along when there were no greats around, Spinks and Holmes were long washed up. By the time Evander Holyfield got to him, Tyson wasn't the same.

"Smarter fighters" like Bonecrusher and Tony Tucker were able to make Tyson look not as ferocious though, even in his prime.

Would have loved to have seen how Evander's tactics would have worked against Tyson in his prime. Can watch Tyson v Holyfield 1 on endless loop for days - poetry in motion.

Loved watching Tyson in his prime but tend to agree with [MENTION=12409]L.P.S.[/MENTION]; that he fought in a time when a lot of the greats were either past it and then he done his prison time he never came back the same...

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, he was unreal early on.

Read about him when he was 14.

Shame lost his way, but many do. A sport surrounded by parasites where few remain on top of the situation.

Last edited:
yes, he was unreal early on.

Read about him when i was 14.

Shame lost his way, but many do. A sport surrounded by parasites where few remain on top of the situation.

I think he mainly lost the plot when his trainer/mentor passed away?
but I think he was a troubled soul.

yes, a lot of boxers come from troubled backgrounds.

some of the sad days for him (my view): biting holyfield, and throwing the towel in when Fenech was in his corner.

yes, a lot of boxers come from troubled backgrounds.
yes, but that can also be the thing which allows them to touch on greatness. Cus D'Amato also let Tyson get away with a hell of a lot during those "formative years", knowing he was the Golden Egg. Bad seeds were sown early.