• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Workout Equipment for beginner teen

lnguy

First thread on ausbb after just browsing the forums for past couple months. Have been working hard and am keen on purchasing some home gym equipment, as I only have those 24/7 gyms accessible to me. Budget is around $500-$1000

Any ideas on where to start? Help would be much appreciated :)

A power rack, a bench, a barbell and some plates.
That should cover most of your big compound movements.
When you can afford it buy more plates and pieces of equipment.

Welcome by the way :)

First thread on ausbb after just browsing the forums for past couple months. Have been working hard and am keen on purchasing some home gym equipment, as I only have those 24/7 gyms accessible to me. Budget is around $500-$1000

Any ideas on where to start? Help would be much appreciated :)

With that budget I would keep going to gyms.

Where to start.
Start off with a barbell and plates. You can do heaps at home with just that.

If you are serious buy quality otherwise you will be replacing shit all the time.

Will keep on going in the mean time, until I have enough saved up I guess. Wanting to escape Jett's Smith Machines as soon as possible

Personally I would hit up eBay, all my gym equipment was bought second hand on eBay and Gumtree. Most people buy the stuff, use it twice and sell it off for a 1/4 of the price.

A bit of searching and you will save yourself a bundle and end up with a nice set up.

The only thing I would watch with second hand is I'd buy Olympic plates and bar, you'll want to upgrade soon as.

Having said that stick to gyms for a while until your sure you got the bug, just find a better one then jets

Another addition to a power rack could be a pull up bar...they are the least expensive piece of equipment you could get that gives great results. One that has different grip options would be best so you can work out all areas of your shoulders as well as your back. Beachbody has one that I've found to be really good quality http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_gear/p90x_chin_up_bar.do Using that in combination with bench presses, squats, etc. will really help to tone and build you up.