• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Great meta analysis done on the anabolic window

There is still plenty of evidence that suggests small feedings of protein increases blood levels of aminos and nitrogen balance over a few large feedings though

There was also evidence that a constant supply of aminos dropped protein synthesis as well.

Which has well and truly been established as BS now...

The key point is that up coming lifters just need to concentrate on the important stuff..

Diet - Cals in vs Cals out + macros + micros
Training - intensity and progressive overload
Rest - plenty of rest

They don't need to eat 8 meals a day but can if they want to
They don't need a mega supplement stack but can if they want to

They do need plenty of rest and must train hard
They do need to hit weekly macros to achieve body recomp....

I am not disagreeing with you but apart from a handful of people following a "fade" at the moment - what real world results have come from not following the typical "bro-science" approach? that has been used by the best athletes in the world for the last 60 years - of course there will be a handful of guys that use different methods and get great results - but this is only a small % - most of which could do anything and get results due to genetics.

I just find it surprises that after so long people still question what you need to do to achieve good results - look at what great people have done before you and not what some internet warrior says based on a unveristy study on and averge joe trying to drop 5kgs - people with this approach are only putting another excuse in the basket and are on track to getting limited results....

Do you honestly believe athletes just eat the way they do because its what other athletes have done before them? If people who are agaisnt "bro-science" are so into studies, stats, etc then how come this is the only thing that ever comes up when discussing the point...

Irrelevant if training, diet and rest does not meet the above... Dealing with the 1% that has little to no value to most...

Better of getting on the gear if you need more results and want to see an actual difference..

Ohhh and that ^^^

I am not disagreeing with you but apart from a handful of people following a "fade" at the moment - what real world results have come from not following the typical "bro-science" approach? that has been used by the best athletes in the world for the last 60 years - of course there will be a handful of guys that use different methods and get great results - but this is only a small % - most of which could do anything and get results due to genetics.

I just find it surprises that after so long people still question what you need to do to achieve good results - look at what great people have done before you and not what some internet warrior says based on a unveristy study on and averge joe trying to drop 5kgs - people with this approach are only putting another excuse in the basket and are on track to getting limited results....

Do you honestly believe athletes just eat the way they do because its what other athletes have done before them? If people who are agaisnt "bro-science" are so into studies, stats, etc then how come this is the only thing that ever comes up when discussing the point...

Ohhh and that ^^^

People have always done dumb shit for years then we realize there are better ways of doing it. Just because its the way it has always been done doesn't make it right.

At footy training coaches used to not allow the players to drink water because they thought it made them weak. We know better now.

Everyone used to smoke a few ciggys at half time because we knew no better.

Everyone used to stretch before games now its moved to dynamic warm ups before games. Stretching after and ice baths.

Bodybuilders all used to avoid eating fat like the plague. Now things have moved forward.

Things move forward. The stuff that is proven to work stays the rest eventually gets discarded.

Dunning Kruger effect in full flow
Fuck those experienced bodybuilders right guys? What do they know?

People have always done dumb shit for years then we realize there are better ways of doing it. Just because its the way it has always been done doesn't make it right.

At footy training coaches used to not allow the players to drink water because they thought it made them weak. We know better now.

Everyone used to smoke a few ciggys at half time because we knew no better.

Everyone used to stretch before games now its moved to dynamic warm ups before games. Stretching after and ice baths.

Bodybuilders all used to avoid eating fat like the plague. Now things have moved forward.

Things move forward. The stuff that is proven to work stays the rest eventually gets discarded.

The things you pointed out arnt really the same - but I do agree things always evolve and change - but the basic idea and principles of dieting, supplements, training etc have remained the same and I feel will do for aslong as people train I would say.

I dont think athletes do things just because people have done them in the past - they do it and keep doing it because it works and it brings optimum results...of course your ideas and thoughts and the handful of people who think this way and their theories are of course going to bring results - I 100% do not disagree with that - but they simply wont bring optimum results in the long term....athletes follow set guidelines for a reason....not simply because people have done it before them.

I agree with Darkoz that the guys that go on about "bro-science" are following more "bro-science" than anyone as the theroies and ideas are not proven to work, they are only followed by a handful of people compared to the tradional methods and the guys that do succeed could prob follow any form of diet, training and have fantastic results....

When it comes to "bro-science" there is no science, no university studies - just simply hard work and real world results for the last 5-6 decades....

Dunning Kruger effect in full flow
Fuck those experienced bodybuilders right guys? What do they know?

The thought behind that is that these blokes are there not because of their program, but rather in spite of it, if you know what I mean.

Don't believe what you read and only half believe what you see.

Using genetically gifted individuals

You take a handful of genetically gifted individuals + a method of eating/training etc that is easy to hold on to for the avg joe = everything else is bro-science I can now eat 1 meal aday and get results like these genetically gifted athletes

Take 100's of 1000's of examples over the last 50-60 years of athletes + a basic idea of eating, supplements, training = bro-science

I remember seeing a great study (lol) done on athletes and the best performers were unequivocally the guys that trained and dieted the hardest. I'll find it later but I'm off to the Adelaide Oval to watch the cricket

You take a handful of genetically gifted individuals + a method of eating/training etc that is easy to hold on to for the avg joe = everything else is bro-science I can now eat 1 meal aday and get results like these genetically gifted athletes

Take 100's of 1000's of examples over the last 50-60 years of athletes + a basic idea of eating, supplements, training = bro-science

You like your sums