• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Great meta analysis done on the anabolic window

One thing I would like to know is if bbers using slin are going to benefit from meal timing...

Most likely, they all seem to take their insulin pre-workout with a carb/amino shake. I think drug timing is kinda bullshit but with insulin, you're going to benefit from a health and recovery aspect. You're also most insulin sensitive during this time so you'll get more from less

Yeah for sure. Your body will maintain a steady load of amino acids constantly- this is the job of insulin. The main thing for me with "timing" though isn't about the "anabolic window" it's staying insulin sensitive and nutrient absorption. I linked some studies in my log about this, but essentially pulsing nutrients increases absorption- you get more out of it. Probably because of enzymes I suspect and the body can simply only absorb so much at once. This is why I started eating most of my protein in small amounts and then most of my calories in one go when I am most sensitive to insulin.

I guess that does beg the question though, what difference does it make compared to simply increasing protein and decreasing fats? Well, very little most likely. But from a psychological point of view, eating less calories overall with increase protein fucking sucks and makes me pretty damn miserable- so the meal timing is another way of achieving the same thing. There is also the issue of insulin sensitivity as well- for health and recovery you will want to be as insulin sensitive as possible and I personally do feel like I recover better eating most of my calories after training instead of before. From an evolutionist point of view it would make sense as well

Re: insulin...

I wondered on this one as insulin injections is what supposedly makes the beasts..

insulin being the main transporter of nutrients and what not... Wondered if timing of meals around insulin injections had any relevance???

Re: insulin...

I wondered on this one as insulin injections is what supposedly makes the beasts..

insulin being the main transporter of nutrients and what not... Wondered if timing of meals around insulin injections had any relevance???

Yeah insulin dumps whatever is in the blood stream into the cells.
So you will want a high protein, high carb low fat meal in your stomach. Fasted insulin use would be a bad, bad idea and so would having high levels of fatty acids as insulin will signal fat to go everywhere. In fat cells, visceral fat cells, into the muscle, everywhere

Insulin is very bad, I would never use it personally. There is no real need to use it unless you want to go pro

Point being that the slin shots create the beasts... ( not my words some other homo on you tube describing his cycle)

And fuck dicing with death everytime you use it...

But is this where maybe the meal timing might become relevant?

If by timing you mean "eat your meal with your slin shot" then yeah it matters a lot
Drugs make everything more efficient, so you'll notice small changes a lot more when drugs are involved

I love how all these articles - people come back with Bro-science - what is "bro-science"? Following a healthy eating plan, eating protein/carbs after training? - isnt that just common sense - and is based on real-world results?

I still dont get what bro-science is....I think people just through this term around when 1. they dont know what the subject is about and/or 2. to make themselves feel better for not being focused enough on training/diet and try and preach that it is ok not to do this and you will still get results - yea you will but just not as good results.

I love how all theses - people come back with Bro-sciencet is "bro-science"? Following lthy eating plan, eating protein/carbs after training? - isnt that just common sense - and is based on real-world results?

I still dont get what bro-science is....I think people just through this term around when 1. they dont know what the subject is about and/or 2. to make themselves feel better for not being focused enough on training/diet and try and preach that it is ok not to do this and you will still get results - yea you will but just not as good results.

Bro science - attributing a result through correlation... That does not neccesitate causation...

No one is saying dont do it.... Rather you don't have to do it if you keep the basics right...

Macros calories and rest... plus training intensity...

I love how all these articles - people come back with Bro-science - what is "bro-science"? Following a healthy eating plan, eating protein/carbs after training? - isnt that just common sense - and is based on real-world results?

Being focused on train and diet is fine but focusing on stuff that actually does something is the key. Why fuck around with 8 meals and day of exactly 30g protein if its not going to make a difference.

Bro science is the bodybuilding guidelines that have no proof that they actually do anything but people repeat them off as gospel. The ones that make sense and have proof that they do something are fine.

Why waste the effort on something that's not going to give you any extra results. I would rather use my time more productively.

"bro-science" is a term used by people that have made little to no progress in their endeavours to discredit huge amounts of empirical evidence that supports a hypothesis.

There is nothing wrong with using a correlation to imply a causation and I prefer not to take chances with my gains and my PBs. Especially when it's as simple as eating more meat or making sure you eat food around the time you train. People seem to like to try and get away with the bare minimum and it's something I never understood at all. It's loss aversion at best and downright reckless at worst.

Sheiko found out that increasing volume in the first 6 years of training increased results. He didn't find the exact process behind why he just noticed a correlation and ran with it. Fucking broscientist right? I'll stick with my pubmed workout that shows heavy singles doesn't improve muscular hypertrophy at all

People will simply not try something, because they can't be fucking bothered to then instantly say it's shit to justify their laziness. "Why bother with 8 meals a day, what difference can it possibly make". Well maybe fucking try it and see if it makes a difference. If you notice a difference then go for it. If it doesn't then try something else. You need to experiment but people are afraid to for reasons that I'll never be able to fathom- then simply discredit whatever is different to them because what they do "works" for them (dunning-kruger effect)

Last edited:
"bro-science" is a term used by people that have made little to no progress in their endeavours to discredit huge amounts of empirical evidence that supports a hypothesis.

There is nothing wrong with using a correlation to imply a causation and I prefer not to take chances with my gains and my PBs. Especially when it's as simple as eating more meat or making sure you eat food around the time you train. People seem to like to try and get away with the bare minimum and it's something I never understood at all. It's loss aversion at best and downright reckless at worst.

Sheiko found out that increasing volume in the first 6 years of training increased results. He didn't find the exact process behind why he just noticed a correlation and ran with it. Fucking broscientist right? I'll stick with my pubmed workout that shows heavy singles doesn't improve muscular hypertrophy at all

You still fail to understand correlation v causation.

Being focused on train and diet is fine but focusing on stuff that actually does something is the key. Why fuck around with 8 meals and day of exactly 30g protein if its not going to make a difference.

Bro science is the bodybuilding guidelines that have no proof that they actually do anything but people repeat them off as gospel. The ones that make sense and have proof that they do something are fine.

Why waste the effort on something that's not going to give you any extra results. I would rather use my time more productively.

No proof besides the basic guidlines of "bro-science" being used by most bodybuilders, athletes, strength athletes etc for the last 50-60 years and them being able to draw results from these?

I am not saying that anything is set in stone but you cant ignore the real-world results that have been drawn from "bro-science"

I understand there have been university studies etc done on 3 meals a day V 8 meals aday etc - but have these studies been based on the best athletes/bodybuilders etc in the world? Or based on the avg joe on the street trying to drop a few pounds....just think about that for a minute....to be the best you can be and/or better than others do you do the bear minimum to achieve this? or is there better ways of achieving greater results....

I understand eating 2-3 meals a day will still draw results - but will eating abit extra protein or focusing on meal timing and/or number of meals draw better results? Real-world-results seem to think it can.

People will simply not try something, because they can't be fucking bothered to then instantly say it's shit to justify their laziness. "Why bother with 8 meals a day, what difference can it possibly make". Well maybe fucking try it and see if it makes a difference. If you notice a difference then go for it. If it doesn't then try something else. You need to experiment but people are afraid to for reasons that I'll never be able to fathom- then simply discredit whatever is different to them because what they do "works" for them (dunning-kruger effect)

Exactly.. try it and see what works for you...

No proof besides the basic guidlines of "bro-science" being used by most bodybuilders, athletes, strength athletes etc for the last 50-60 years and them being able to draw results from these?

I am not saying that anything is set in stone but you cant ignore the real-world results that have been drawn from "bro-science"

I understand there have been university studies etc done on 3 meals a day V 8 meals aday etc - but have these studies been based on the best athletes/bodybuilders etc in the world? Or based on the avg joe on the street trying to drop a few pounds....just think about that for a minute....to be the best you can be and/or better than others do you do the bear minimum to achieve this? or is there better ways of achieving greater results....

I understand eating 2-3 meals a day will still draw results - but will eating abit extra protein or focusing on meal timing and/or number of meals draw better results? Real-world-results seem to think it can.

Which has well and truly been established as BS now...

The key point is that up coming lifters just need to concentrate on the important stuff..

Diet - Cals in vs Cals out + macros + micros
Training - intensity and progressive overload
Rest - plenty of rest

They don't need to eat 8 meals a day but can if they want to
They don't need a mega supplement stack but can if they want to

They do need plenty of rest and must train hard
They do need to hit weekly macros to achieve body recomp....

There is still plenty of evidence that suggests small feedings of protein increases blood levels of aminos and nitrogen balance over a few large feedings though

Irrelevant if training, diet and rest does not meet the above... Dealing with the 1% that has little to no value to most...

Better of getting on the gear if you need more results and want to see an actual difference..

Dunno why you'd want to take the chance for the sake of drinking a whey shake 3x a day or eating a bit of food personally

Lots of people seem to want to "get away" with as much as possible. Not a winners attitude