• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifters training vs. bodybuilders training

Mariko78

Banned
This is some differece between a powerlifter training , and a bodybuilder training....
I hope that will help you guys , to make a beter difference between bodybuilding and powerlifting

bodybuilding-workouts-chartstrength-training-landscape--powerlifting-vs-bodybuilding---builtlean-zcsf9iqj.jpg

Inb4 this thread turns into "bodybuilding is a Beaty pageant" vs "power lifters are fat" arguement... Just sayin.

Thanks for the info [MENTION=16925]Mariko78[/MENTION]; :)

Power lifters have a hard time programming, their training is based on 3 basic exercises
Squat
Deadlift
Bench press

3 pretty rugged exercises, the power lifters tool box is much larger, needs to be.
A good power lifter uses the "bodybuilding" methodology more than a "bodybiulder" uses a powerlifting template, which is a shame.

Power lifters usually also carry a large list of injuries.

I don't think there needs to be a difference, powerlifters need muscle and bodybuilders should be strong.

I train 5 days per week + 1 upper bodybuidling day. My training revolves around assitance exercises for shitloads of reps. For example;

Bench day 1 (week 2 of 10)
85*3*10

Floor press
35 reps in total up to 1 rep max

DB press
8 sets working up to 10rm

incline press
8 sets working up to 3rm

tricep pressdown
15 sets of 10

Same for squat/deadlift days.

powerlifting, functional strength for what, maybe powerlifting.

Differences between powerlifting and bb for functional strength is minimal.

All sport prowess is the result of specific skills and conditioning, bb just as effective as anything else as long as specific conditioning is included within the specific sport training. Latter point always likely.

Powerlifters may have biggest bragging rights though given that lifting heavy weights is their claim to fame.

powerlifting, functional strength for what, maybe powerlifting.

Differences between powerlifting and bb for functional strength is minimal.

All sport prowess is the result of specific skills and conditioning, bb just as effective as anything else as long as specific conditioning is included within the specific sport training. Latter point always likely.

Powerlifters may have biggest bragging rights though given that lifting heavy weights is their claim to fame.

All sport prowess is the result of specific skills and conditioning

Word.

My balls were itchy last week due to the heat, today the bum fluff at the top of my butt crack was itchy - still is!