• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
H

Heavy_Beats

My 20kg weight plates are all 19kg to 19.4kg not only is this fruad it drives me mad.

What are the cheapest calibrated weight plates available in Australia? I need to buy about 600kg worth.

My 20kg weight plates are all 19kg to 19.4kg not only is this fruad it drives me mad.

What are the cheapest calibrated weight plates available in Australia? I need to buy about 600kg worth.

Ivanko I think. Contact Australian Barbell Company

Last edited:
I have sent an email to both Ivanko and Eleiko distributors. Should know who can give the best price for calibrated weight plates soon.

On a side note it is a shame ABC changed their weight plate design, the old style was a classic.

Ivanko was about $7.5/kg and eleiko was $11/kg.

Bumpers are a bit too thick to get enough on the bar.

I'd say you'd get about 7 of iron edges 25kg premium bumpers on each end of a bar... Are you deadlifting more than 370kg?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have a bunch of ABC plates (the old style) I am about to offload. Let me know if you are interested mate.

We have a guy deadlifting around 300kg now. He has only been training three years so he needs room to grow.

What plates do you currently have?

About 300kg muscle motion plates. They cause enough trouble for powerlifting that I need to invest in proper plates (calibrated weight and 45cm diameter).

I'd say you'd get about 7 of iron edges 25kg premium bumpers on each end of a bar... Are you deadlifting more than 370kg?

Can you really get 7 premium iron edge bumper plates onto a 410mm sleeve? At 61mm each that comes to 427mm. Would you be using duct tape as a collar?

We have a guy deadlifting around 300kg now. He has only been training three years so he needs room to grow.

About 300kg muscle motion plates. They cause enough trouble for powerlifting that I need to invest in proper plates (calibrated weight and 45cm diameter).

Can you really get 7 premium iron edge bumper plates onto a 410mm sleeve? At 61mm each that comes to 427mm. Would you be using duct tape as a collar?

ABC BOP220 has 440mm sleeves, so yes, although you'd have a very short space for collars. But 4x25 and 3x20 still gives you 340kg with space for a thin collar..

It might be cheaper to buy a deadlift bar with longer sleeves than go for super expensive plates

Ivanko was about $7.5/kg and eleiko was $11/kg.

Bumpers are a bit too thick to get enough on the bar.

Are you able to give a bit more details on this?

They were metal or bumpers? Also were they training or full comp plates?

That sounds a bit cheaper than i would have expected..

My apologies for late reply.

Are you able to give a bit more details on this?

They were metal or bumpers? Also were they training or full comp plates?

That sounds a bit cheaper than i would have expected..

Metal, competition plates. 0.5kg up to 25kg plates 310kg total is what I was quoted. I'll add collors and the 0.25kg plates when I place an order.

I payed around $180 each for 6 25kg ivankos before we decided to open PTC as I was running out of room on the Texas squat bar at my old gym.

PTC Canberra
PTC Canberra (Performance Training Centre)

$180 for the 25kg is what they quoted me as well.

The best option I can see will be the Ivanko set. Too bad they are no longer IPF approved but at least the meet director has an Eleiko set to use for competitions. Ivanko for warm up Eleiko for the competition platform pretty funny to me.

I payed around $180 each for 6 25kg ivankos before we decided to open PTC as I was running out of room on the Texas squat bar at my old gym.

PTC Canberra
http://www.ptccanberra.com.au

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but just wanted to ask where/how you got the Ivanko plates so cheap, I've just got their price list and the 25's are $275ea!!, I know this is 2013 thread but no way in 3 years they have gone up $100ea. Any help would be great mate. cheers

Been a few PTC's close. Hmm

2fbaf8c8dbe09cf02eb25d1d1878f014.jpg

Retail vs trade.

Just heard back from Joe at ABC (very professional), just the Aussie dollar being shit atm, first price increase in 5 years apparently. Still a hefty jump in price in my opinion. Shit happens I suppose haha

I don't know the guy at all, but I do know that coaching and running a business are different skills....