• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Lol. You guys.

John Sheridan pulled away from the PTC name to go his own way. He was only managing the gym from what i understand, now he owns it, and changed its name. Its hasnt closed at all.

Why did he change names?
Wanted to do his own thing. No disrespect or anything etc. Still very much involved with PTC/GPC etc as far as i can tell from facebook.

Hes a great guy. No doubt in my mind he knows what he is doing in both coaching and the business.

Having helped out down there for novice comps etc ive seen what i need to to be confident in that.

Just heard back from Joe at ABC (very professional), just the Aussie dollar being shit atm, first price increase in 5 years apparently. Still a hefty jump in price in my opinion. Shit happens I suppose haha

Ah of course.

Just heard back from Joe at ABC (very professional), just the Aussie dollar being shit atm, first price increase in 5 years apparently. Still a hefty jump in price in my opinion. Shit happens I suppose haha

The painted 25kg plates are $183.50 direct from Ivanko. With the dollar around 70c, that makes it over $260 aussie before you add any freight, so $275 locally is about right IMO.
http://www.ivankobarbell.com/products/cbpp/

Price up some bumpers and it will make these look cheap, they're about another $100 per plate

If you really wanted to be a bad sport you could grind them down and give them a lick of paint.

1 or 2 kg per plate would make a difference

For competition use? Surely they weigh plates before high end comps?

rogue fitness seems to have entered the calibrated plate game recently and the US price seems competitive. Can only hope they bring them to Australia as they look comparable to elieko/ivanko equivalents available here.

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-calibrated-kg-steel-plates

Chances are they are made somewhere in China and if they get them shipped direct to Rogue Australia from china it could avoid a huge mark up.

Should hit up Rogue Australia and see whether they intend to bring them here. They seem pretty popular in the US because they are always sold out of the 25's