• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Skinny guy looking to start gym

Ezy

Hi Everyone, My Names Ezra Brooks, Male from Australia Brisbane

This is the first time i am socially online getting involved with like minded people that has a will to be driven to build a great body & a healthy lifestyle.

I've got goals to transform my body from what it is now (kind of skinny) to a V-shape healthy shredded hot body for the ladies, I've bought dumbbells which I've been using 2 times a day and i do 3x of 50 - push ups upon sunrise & sunset, I have not yet joined the gym although next week i will go into a gym down the street to sign up =)

1 half ago i weighed at 69KG as I've been around 65-69 peak throughout my whole life & i hated it because i looked skinny, although up till now i weigh 75KG thanks to the amount of meat i stocked my fridge up & International protein Mass gainer 4KG TUB i bought.

Mentally I'm ready to start Physically i feel i am ready to start so lets get shredded so i can turn heads while at the clubs making it lot easy to talk to chicks.

Welcome, I'm sure it won't be long before the ladies are weak at the knees for you.
Just one piece of advice, don't stew on the joining the gym part, the progress with 50 push-ups and a set of dumbbells to achieve the Greek god physique might prove to take harder then expected.

You need to build muscle before you get shredded lol

Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto.

just join the gym, focus on compound movements bench, squat, deadlift(learn these from the forum)..train hard, eat hard and don't give up. wont happen over night and takes effort but you will get there. forget all the bs out there and the gay machines, just hit the compounds!

oh and lots of stretching, something the new guys always over look. and your core!

Last edited:
Hi Ez

from my observations (or rather, observations of their observations), the bits that most catch the eyes of the ladies are (1) bum and (2) lats, and so your best return-for-effort will come from working on these bits.

For (1), if you can, use a StairMaster machine. I used this for a warm-up, for 15-20 mins, whenever I went to the gym. Put the resistance up high, and really push it, at least for bursts.

Now, I lift at home, and don't have a StairMaster, so squats does the job, but it's harder work.

If you can, do StairMaster AND squats AND leg-presses (another thing that I can't do now at home).

For lats, do chin-ups if you can; if not, build up your strength with lat pull-downs until you can manage chin-ups.

The bum (and to a lesser extent, the lats) are bits you can't easily see yourself in the mirror, unlike the chest and arms. However, that's what the girls check out.

Generally, especially for a newbie, doing chest exercises is the thing you'll like doing most, and doing legs will be the least fun, with back in-between. If this is the case for you, I'd suggest doing the legs first in each workout, and then 'rewarding yourself' with doing bench presses or whatever after that.

Muscles don't really impress most ladies. The scrawny teenage boy look with abs tends to. Think David Beckham, Brad Pitt in fight club.

Also most importantly like darkoz said, cash.

Muscles don't really impress most ladies. The scrawny teenage boy look with abs tends to. Think David Beckham, Brad Pitt in fight club.

Also most importantly like darkoz said, cash.

Yep
I'll never forget stepping out of the shower, after a workout, my wife walked into the bathroom and said "OMG, what have you done to yourself? :eek:"

size often intimidates women, unless they have daddy issues and want to be intimidated/dominated! I know myself a few of my ex's used to get quite scared around me when i was throwing a temper tantrum simply due to the size of me

Thanks guys i do appreciate all the response and advice given, Unfortunately it is true about what they say with ladies & money which i think is selfish although it is what it is.

latest pic of me, (i was skinny 2 weeks ago) but I've since ate lot of meat..

[url=http://postimage.org/]
online photo sharing[/URL]