• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Insulin sensitive in the morning/around training time

Rugby88

I have Ep1c Calendar kunce
What are peoples thoughts of the idea of being more insulin sensitive in the morning and a X period of time after training? Do you think its BS? Do you think even if your on a low carb/high protein/fat diet you should still eat simple carbs in the morning after training?

What carb sources do you find best? Dextrose, WMS, sports drinks such as powerade/gatorade? etc

I don't necessarily think its BS but I don't think worrying about it is going to make any noticeable difference.

Best carb source. Chips

Also agree with the guys. In the grand scheme of things, it's a refinement that may make a diff to elite bodybuilders but won't account for 99% of results.

I'll qualify that by saying that, in some cases, it may have a more significant impact ... in the case of people who are insulin resistant or have diabetes.

Otherwise, if your insulin related processes are working just fine, it's a 1% deal mostly.

But that 1% might give an elite athlete the edge. For the rest of us, well ...

Also agree with the guys. In the grand scheme of things, it's a refinement that may make a diff to elite bodybuilders but won't account for 99% of results.

I'll qualify that by saying that, in some cases, it may have a more significant impact ... in the case of people who are insulin resistant or have diabetes.

Otherwise, if your insulin related processes are working just fine, it's a 1% deal mostly.

But that 1% might give an elite athlete the edge. For the rest of us, well ...

Only provided that the 99% is in place first...

And bacon.... There must be bacon...

What are peoples thoughts of the idea of being more insulin sensitive in the morning and a X period of time after training? Do you think its BS? Do you think even if your on a low carb/high protein/fat diet you should still eat simple carbs in the morning after training?

What carb sources do you find best? Dextrose, WMS, sports drinks such as powerade/gatorade? etc

The book you need to read are Nutrient Timing by Ivy.
Basically, clinical evidence shows you get really insulin sensitive for 45 minutes post training then you start to become really insulin resistant. After 2 hours you're as resistant as a type 2 diabetic! A small feed of sugar + aminos (or complex versions) before training makes you more sensitive and extends this period. Constant re-feeds can extend the sensitivity for up to 6 hours.

If you train at night and follow this protocol and eat most of your calories post training within an hour, you're getting in another 5 hours of insulin sensitivity. That's a 20% increase. This WILL add up over time.

I'll link the studies at some point today. Hitting you up via PM now