• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Paleo / keto loaded bell peppers

Yeah there is paleo then there is PRIMAL
Personally, from what I've read tubers have been eaten since fire was invented. I don't think there is anything wrong with a post workout yam, personally.

I am making a dank ass Malaysian curry tomorrow, I will post up the recipe with some pics
It will be HOT. I mean it. This is one you won't want with beans lol, trust me on this just stick to a few potatoes

Not a fan of dairy though personally, mainly milk though. The homogenisation just ruins the milk I'd love raw milk. Cheeses, butter and cream is all good for me though but they are expensive so a rare treat

Raw milk is overrated. I have thousands of liters siting within walking distance of my kitchen and rarely drink it anymore.

If I had raw milk I'd be making all sorts man
I'd be making my own cheese, butter and ghee and I'd just drink it plain I really like it
In England I could get the Jersey 10% non-homo milk and I'd separate the fat and mix in some frozen berries and eat that then drink the milk on the side, fuck that was amazing

If you are after growth I know new born calves grow better when fed pasteurized milk rather than raw. Not 100% sure how that converts to humans though but I can't see it being much different for the same reasons calves grow better on pasteurized milk.

The raw milk fetish is generally the domain of hippies.

Pasteurization denatures many of the enzymes. Mainly the one's that transport calcium and also the lactase. If you're lactose tolerant then it's fine really but homogenising milk ruins it imo. Makes it so it doesn't clot in the stomach so it passes through pretty fast and you miss out on a lot of the nutrients

This is why a gallon of yoghurt is far superior to a gallon of milk for gaining

Pasteurization denatures many of the enzymes. Mainly the one's that transport calcium and also the lactase. If you're lactose tolerant then it's fine really but homogenising milk ruins it imo. Makes it so it doesn't clot in the stomach so it passes through pretty fast and you miss out on a lot of the nutrients

This is why a gallon of yoghurt is far superior to a gallon of milk for gaining

If its fine, well not just fine but actually better for diary calves to drink I'm confident its fine for humans.

People cook other foods. Pasteurization is a very mild form of cooking, I don't see why some people find it so controversial.

Drinking raw milk carries risks has very dubious benefits. So doesn't seem worth it.

If you are after growth I know new born calves grow better when fed pasteurized milk rather than raw. Not 100% sure how that converts to humans though but I can't see it being much different for the same reasons calves grow better on pasteurized milk.

Why would this be the case?? Would't raw milk be more calorie dense, with more fat?? Have never tried or even seen raw milk, so not sure.

Does it taste different??

I remember hearing that raw milk can make you sick as its not sterile or something, any truth to that?? Or is it safe to drink straight out of the cow??

And on a side note are dairy cows fed grains?? Or supplementary feed containing grains?? or do they just feed on pasture/grass??

Where I live we only have meat cows, no dairy, mostly male cows (steers???), don't know anything about it really just see them in the paddocks.

Most people just grow cotton around here.

I am not a big milk drinker anyway, used to love the stuff up till I was about 18 or 19, but it now puts me off, not sure why, just don't enjoy it so I don't have it.

Why would this be the case?? Would't raw milk be more calorie dense, with more fat?? Have never tried or even seen raw milk, so not sure.

Does it taste different??

I remember hearing that raw milk can make you sick as its not sterile or something, any truth to that?? Or is it safe to drink straight out of the cow??

And on a side note are dairy cows fed grains?? Or supplementary feed containing grains?? or do they just feed on pasture/grass??

Where I live we only have meat cows, no dairy, mostly male cows (steers???), don't know anything about it really just see them in the paddocks.

Most people just grow cotton around here.

I am not a big milk drinker anyway, used to love the stuff up till I was about 18 or 19, but it now puts me off, not sure why, just don't enjoy it so I don't have it.

Pasteurizing milk doesn't change the macros or calories. It's just heating it to about 70c for 15 seconds to kill the bacteria. Calves grow better because their growing bodies don't have waste energy dealing with the bacterial load from raw milk.

Taste. Yes it does taste slightly different, its usually just what you are used to that tastes better.

Raw milk has the potential to make you sick. Some bacteria can pass though the cow into milk. Milk collection procedures while clean are not sterile.

Pretty much every cow in Australia will be fed some level of grain but the bulk of the feed coming from grass. The amounts of each can vary from farm to farm, time of year ect. Modern diary cows will usually struggle badly on pasture alone.

Pasteurisation will destroy the enzymes
The cows obviously have plenty enzymes, especially as calves
A person can just take digestive enzymes. I take them will all meals and shakes because they are very cheap
Australian grass isn't the best for pasture. This is why NZ and Tassie dairy is so much better lol. Same with the English dairy. I have no taste for Australian milk or cheese at all. Tasmania is my favourite in this area. Can't beat the French Brie though

Pasteurizing milk doesn't change the macros or calories. It's just heating it to about 70c for 15 seconds to kill the bacteria. Calves grow better because their growing bodies don't have waste energy dealing with the bacterial load from raw milk.

Taste. Yes it does taste slightly different, its usually just what you are used to that tastes better.

Raw milk has the potential to make you sick. Some bacteria can pass though the cow into milk. Milk collection procedures while clean are not sterile.

Pretty much every cow in Australia will be fed some level of grain but the bulk of the feed coming from grass. The amounts of each can vary from farm to farm, time of year ect. Modern diary cows will usually struggle badly on pasture alone.

Cool, good info, did not know thats all it was (heating to 70 degrees), so it really just sterilises the milk. I have heard from people around here that the cattle that get slaughtered for meat get fed up on grain for a period of time to fatten them up and maximise the profits.

But then read that dairy cows don't generally get fed grain.

Could not imagine that it would make any major difference to the end product either way.

Pasteurisation will destroy the enzymes
The cows obviously have plenty enzymes, especially as calves
A person can just take digestive enzymes. I take them will all meals and shakes because they are very cheap
Australian grass isn't the best for pasture. This is why NZ and Tassie dairy is so much better lol. Same with the English dairy. I have no taste for Australian milk or cheese at all. Tasmania is my favourite in this area. Can't beat the French Brie though

Never taken digestive enzymes. If you are not lactose intolerant you won't need to.

Kiwi cows are the lowest production in the world. Lol. They practice what they often call starvation farming of their cows.

Tasmania is a fucking shit hole. I wouldn't go back there if you paid me.

English dairy. Give me a break.

Pure grass fed milk is often some of the most vile tasting shit you will ever drink. Has a fishy taste to it. The best tasting milk and cheese is made by feeding dry hay and some grain. A lot of French farmers are paid extra to feed their cows this way so the milk companies can make the best types of cheese.

Cool, good info, did not know thats all it was (heating to 70 degrees), so it really just sterilises the milk. I have heard from people around here that the cattle that get slaughtered for meat get fed up on grain for a period of time to fatten them up and maximise the profits.

But then read that dairy cows don't generally get fed grain.

Could not imagine that it would make any major difference to the end product either way.

Beef cattle usually get finished on grain to increase the marbling in the meat and most people prefer the taste of grain finished meat. So it gets a better price.

I guess you like what you grow up with
Digestive enzymes with protease and lipase are the best. Helps you get all the nutrients from your food. They are cheap as well, so why not. We are not talking some pharmacy Swisse rip-off bullshit here we are talking 200g for $30 which will last a very long time

Ginger contains many digestive enzymes so that is another route, I cook with ginger a lot, it's all round very good

Nothing exceeds like excess and I'm not going to risk short-changing my training or diet for the sake of $30 a few times a year