• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
H

Heavenly

IMG_6403.jpg

Hey guys
I'm looking for some advice about starting weight training. I don't need to lose weight, just want that amazing body I see above on the brunette with a red bikini :) Only problem is I'm slightly clueless about how exactly to go about it...lol

I'm moving to a new place by end of the week & planning on joining a gym asap. I do notice really fast changes in my body when i do work out but I've never been 100% dedicated. Any tips or advice to get me on the right track would be much appreciated :)

[MENTION=4979]Heavenly[/MENTION];
I would recommend 3 weight seasons and 3 cardio or HIT sessions per week.
Eat high protein, mod fat / carbs.
Adjust caloric intake weekly or fortnightly based upon goals.
The beginners program listed in the training section would be a good start.

[MENTION=4979]Heavenly[/MENTION];
I would recommend 3 weight seasons and 3 cardio or HIT sessions per week.
Eat high protein, mod fat / carbs.
Adjust caloric intake weekly or fortnightly based upon goals.
The beginners program listed in the training section would be a good start.

Yeah

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shrek's method is great.

Bodybuilding.com - The Female Training Bible: Everything You Need To Get The Sexy Body You Desire!

Have a read through this. Don't worry so much about the supplements part (bodybuilding.com like to plug supplements). Take note of the key message re training (big compound movements is the main focus), the amount of protein you should eat, doing 2-4 sessions of cardio.

I'm running this program with my wife - I just make sure we focus on the prescribed 2-3 big moves each session e.g. deadlifts + leg press + lunges and then we might do calves and abs as a circuit (to save time and get the heart rate up).

Also, personally, I just make sure we focus on the 3 rules in this post:

How to lose fat for Noobs - Part II - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Protein + min. 3 weight sessions + adjust your calories (i.e. amount of food eaten, not necessarily by measuring it) depending on whether your weight is going up or down.

See how you go from there.

Good luck.

Training wise, 3-4 weight sessions per week is more than enough for a beginner. Keep your workouts between 45-60 minutes each. As for nutrition/diet, start with 2-2.2g of protein per kilo of body weight. Time your carb meals around your workouts and ensure you are eating a moderate amount of fats. A mistake that most newbies make when starting out is not eating enough!