• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Advice + Opinions Needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
is Oni Aust's answer to the now deceased Dan Duchaine?

He was not very big either, but advocated big and long doses.

The average male produces around 7mg of testosterone per day naturally which is around 50mg per week so 250 is still in the super physiological range but most don't get good results off this but at least you didn't do what most do & jump into large doses I personally find 500mg to be the sweet spot that gets good results but not too many side effects you'll find if you go higher than that you may not necessarily get better gains but you will get the side effects, sust should be administered at least every 5 days imo because the active life of prop is around that I personally do twice pw. I always use UGLOZ gear its the best I've ever used I'm thinking you went back on too quick and didn't allow your receptors to become sensitive again? It's genpharma I've always heard was shit, I like to stick to 8 week cycles with a 4 week dbol kickstart because you're receptors downregulate at the 8 week point & your gains will dramatically drop all you can do is increase the dosage (I think I read that in William Llewelyns book) I've definitely noticed this, imo tapering your doses is pointless especially with sust since there's different esters in their long and short, the cycle I use and recommend to most is:
Week 1-4 40mg of dbol pd taken post workout for 4 weeks
Week 1-8 500mg sust pw
pct start 14 days after last jab
nolva 20mg per day for 4 weeks and clomid 100mg per day for 6 weeks, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION GUYS DONT GO GETTING ALL UPSET ABOUT IT haha

It's good advice andy
but I think 8 weeks, things are just going to start kicking off then
if you're serious about taking steroids, imo you have no business messing around with short cycles. After a while you'll just be getting bigger then shrink back again when you come off. Eventually you need to make the decision to stay on year round or not take at all otherwise you're just wasting your money.

May as well make that decision BEFORE you start taking them. 500mg a week + 40 orals is spot on though. I'd add in adex though. Test + adex + oral = epic, epic combo

[MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]; this is a serious question, do you see a difference between life experience and reading about it?

[MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]; this is a serious question, do you see a difference between life experience and reading about it?

Why do you need life experience when you can just read a few things and then pass them off as your own thoughts.

Do you see the difference between referencing experts in a field and a guy that has done a few cycles? Dude won't even post pics lol, sure those steroids went great for him. I'd trust well cited medical studies done on HRT patients over a dude on a forum any day

Do you see the difference between referencing experts in a field and a guy that has done a few cycles? Dude won't even post pics lol, sure those steroids went great for him. I'd trust well cited medical studies done on HRT patients over a dude on a forum any day

To be fair you didn't answer his question of how much experience you've had

Because it's completely irrelevant
I took steroids when I competed in cycling many years ago now. I completely fucked it up honestly I didn't know what I was doing lol. Does it change the facts at all? No it doesn't. The body still works in the same ways, the same studies still exist

You can play the personal experience card, but when there is direct scientific evidence saying otherwise then maybe you need to rethink what you're saying. It's not even as if it's broscience, these are legitimate medical studies done on HRT patients that undergo long term testosterone treatment and recover just fine even without PCT. Not that I don't recommend PCT, obviously it helps but the body will either recover or it will not. Time makes very little difference

If people ever have to get surgery done. How many people will get a surgeon that has only read about it in a book and how many will want the surgeon who has done thousands of operations.

No one here has done thousands of cycles though bazza
If they were good then they would post pics
Otherwise I completely agree

Although Llewellyn is the Authority on steroid use. If I needed surgery and someone told me that Dr. MacKenzie's "Treat your own back" would allow me to get all the information I needed, I would read the book and do as it said

If people ever have to get surgery done. How many people will get a surgeon that has only read about it in a book and how many will want the surgeon who has done thousands of operations.

So if someone claims they have experienced something and have had results YOU are the first one to scream for medical studies and references, and if someone has references and medical studies you say you would rather ignore that in preference of someone who has actually done it.

You must just love arguing about rubbish, some kid wants to gain weight and he don't need protein and carbs, just have some milk mate, some fat dude wants to cut with lean meat and veggies and you recon he should be having pizza and ice cream as thats what you have when you cut.

Getting real lame and tiring:mad:

Because it's completely irrelevant
I took steroids when I competed in cycling many years ago now. I completely fucked it up honestly I didn't know what I was doing lol. Does it change the facts at all? No it doesn't. The body still works in the same ways, the same studies still exist

You can play the personal experience card, but when there is direct scientific evidence saying otherwise then maybe you need to rethink what you're saying. It's not even as if it's broscience, these are legitimate medical studies done on HRT patients that undergo long term testosterone treatment and recover just fine even without PCT. Not that I don't recommend PCT, obviously it helps but the body will either recover or it will not. Time makes very little difference
You have an interesting view on the matter 0ni although I'm pretty confident that this view of yours will change in the years to come.

I would think that the doses and substances used for HRT patients would be quite different than those who want to use for performance/bodybuilding purposes.

You have an interesting view on the matter 0ni although I'm pretty confident that this view of yours will change in the years to come.

I would think that the doses and substances used for HRT patients would be quite different than those who want to use for performance/bodybuilding purposes.

Shutdown is shutdown though. A single 100mg injection of nandrolone will completely, 100% shut you down after a week. These are powerful drugs, the dose response curve is very large. A handful of dbol for 4 weeks and you're going to be shut down whether you like it or not.

The only thing you really can do is keep the boys nice and round and not like raisins that no sun could shrink worse. This means keeping IGF-1 levels high and to some extent not using stupid doses. Less than a gram a week you should have no issues though especially with the orals which will increase IGF-1. Everyone is different though but there are many drugs you can use to keep the balls full

Shutdown is shutdown though. A single 100mg injection of nandrolone will completely, 100% shut you down after a week. These are powerful drugs, the dose response curve is very large. A handful of dbol for 4 weeks and you're going to be shut down whether you like it or not.

The only thing you really can do is keep the boys nice and round and not like raisins that no sun could shrink worse. This means keeping IGF-1 levels high and to some extent not using stupid doses. Less than a gram a week you should have no issues though especially with the orals which will increase IGF-1. Everyone is different though but there are many drugs you can use to keep the balls full

Just the possibility of it fucking with my gentleman's vegetables is enough to not mess with the stuff

:D

So if someone claims they have experienced something and have had results YOU are the first one to scream for medical studies and references, and if someone has references and medical studies you say you would rather ignore that in preference of someone who has actually done it.

You must just love arguing about rubbish, some kid wants to gain weight and he don't need protein and carbs, just have some milk mate, some fat dude wants to cut with lean meat and veggies and you recon he should be having pizza and ice cream as thats what you have when you cut.

Getting real lame and tiring:mad:

Mick is amazing how wrong you get things. I don't tell anyone what to eat. Cut or bulk. Eat what you enjoy. Don't need protein or carbs, I didn't say that, Lol. What's in food. Haha. I was saying supps are stupid for a skinny 16 year old kid. Which they are.

Why don't you just stick to avoiding poison grain and keep telling everyone here you are not fat despite the 40 inch waist. Lol.

Last edited:
Just the possibility of it fucking with my gentleman's vegetables is enough to not mess with the stuff

:D

Yeah sperm count / infertility is the main thing I see a lot. This one really will decrease the longer you stay on. But most fertility clinics use HCG shots with great success.
A few people on getbig say that a single 5000ui shot of HCG allowed them to get their mrs pregnant even when taking 5g total of AAS lol. These are insane pro doses btw.

It's nice to have big balls as well, no one wants raisins

0ni you claim the advice you were giving was from anabolics 10th adition. how ever from what I can see this book makes no reference to what you are saying. In fact it seems to state quite the opposite as seen from the direct quotes I posted. You then back track a bit and say "he doesn't recommend it" yet you are recommending it?

where are all these studies you keep talking about? you posted a link to one study from 1975, if this is all your basing your theory on then wow. That study is based on 250mg a week, from all the studies you read surely you would know shutdown will increase with dose. Also you clearly dont understand how easy it is to manipulate and misinterpret medical studys, for everyone saying yes you will find one saying no. oh look, here is one! along with 100s of others that directly contradict the shite you are spraffing.

Androgenic anabolic steroid use and severe ... [Int J Sports Med. 2003] - PubMed - NCBI

you also said this cycle is the "normal" yet you havnt even done it yourself and from what I can tell have very limited experience of aas.

"Dude won't even post pics lol" , then one someone comments you didnt answer my question about your gear use you said "Because it's completely irrelevant". bit of a contradiction there no?

basically what im getting at and I think that is clear for anyone reading this all to see, is that your an idiot.

0ni you claim the advice you were giving was from anabolics 10th adition. how ever from what I can see this book makes no reference to what you are saying. In fact it seems to state quite the opposite as seen from the direct quotes I posted. You then back track a bit and say "he doesn't recommend it" yet you are recommending it?

where are all these studies you keep talking about? you posted a link to one study from 1975, if this is all your basing your theory on then wow. That study is based on 250mg a week, from all the studies you read surely you would know shutdown will increase with dose. Also you clearly dont understand how easy it is to manipulate and misinterpret medical studys, for everyone saying yes you will find one saying no. oh look, here is one! along with 100s of others that directly contradict the shite you are spraffing.

Androgenic anabolic steroid use and severe ... [Int J Sports Med. 2003] - PubMed - NCBI

you also said this cycle is the "normal" yet you havnt even done it yourself and from what I can tell have very limited experience of aas.

"Dude won't even post pics lol" , then one someone comments you didnt answer my question about your gear use you said "Because it's completely irrelevant". bit of a contradiction there no?

basically what im getting at and I think that is clear for anyone reading this all to see, is that your an idiot.

Did you not read the study? It says that you don't always recover
Llewellyn states that after 8 weeks you start running into serious problems, this is why you don't go over 8 weeks
If you wish to go over this period of time, 8 weeks and 8 months makes little difference. This is all I have said that the time frame makes little difference for recovery. What you linked just says that some people don't recover. Yeah, we already know this. So what?

The full paper even goes into the treatment for people who fail to get HPTA response post cycle lol. But you probably didn't even read the full paper you just looked at the abstract no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.