• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Advice + Opinions Needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said I was done
You're refusing to read the source material, there is no discussion here. Nothing I can say that will convince you otherwise. OP has everything he needs

I am not getting into this. If you want to call someone out then you need to first stop being anonymous yourself. Why would you be afraid to post up your results if you think you know better? I've let the OP know which resources he needs to make his own decision so as far as I am concerned this is over

I don't really see it as him calling you out Oni. To be honest I have enjoyed reading and following your log. You have come a long way in a short time. However if you have no experience using steroids I don't think you should be giving out cycle advice.

Yeah he is much better off having some randoms tell him what to do, who refuse to even post what they look like, refuse to read the canonical resources on the subject and can't reference what they are suggesting

Just had a flick through this book, cant find what your talking about but did find..

"The practice of extended or continuous steroid administration is discouraged for these reasons. It is generally recommended to use AAS drugs for no longer than 8 weeks at a time (10-12 weeks at the maximum), followed by an equal or longer period of abstinence before another steroid regimen is initiated. "

So err? Please post up what you have read as i cant find it

I will find what you're looking for, it will take me a while to look through and find the right source
As I said, there is little difference between 8 weeks and 8 months. He is suggesting that you stop before this point for these reasons. You're asking the right questions and it's valid so I'll reply

"Always Cycle Steroids. A steroid cycle usually consists of 6 to 12 weeks of drug use followed by an equal period of time or more abstaining from all anabolic/androgenic steroids. This practice is advised for a number of reasons. For one, as you supplement male steroid hormones your body will reduce the production of its own testosterone. Cycling helps reduce the risk of
developing long-term fertility and hormonal issues, which are sometimes caused by the uninterrupted use of steroids for many months or years. Cycling also lets your general markers of health (such as cholesterol levels, hematocrit, and blood pressure) return to their normal state periodically, reducing the impact temporary changes may have over time. Those individuals who use anabolic/androgenic steroids for long periods of time without interruption run a greater risk that these negative changes in health markers will result in long-term health issu

Again from 10th edition of anabolics

The sentence you're listing is not about shutdown, it's about diminishing returns from steroid cycles after 6-8 weeks. Read the full paragraph properly. I will find the rest

developing long-term fertility and hormonal issues, which are sometimes caused by the uninterrupted use of steroids for many months or yea

[MENTION=16903]Genics[/MENTION]; have you heard of blast / cruise. Some guys never come off.
Shutdown all the time.

I don't have real page numbers, it's around the 90 mark titled "Unaided HPTA Recovery"
Here is the study referenced:
Effect of long-term testosterone oe... [Acta Endocrinol (Copenh). 1975] - PubMed - NCBI
As we can see, 21 weeks of testosterone therapy and the HPTA recovered naturally. Sperm count was of course damaged. Obviously no PCT is not ideal. You need to control estrogen and get the balls up and running. There is more as well but you can just read the book and it explains it all

[MENTION=16903]Genics[/MENTION]; have you heard of blast / cruise. Some guys never come off.
Shutdown all the time.

This is the way I see it really. I'm not getting into this debate but IMO when you're on, you're on. If you take drugs, they become your life whether you like it or not. Very few people can control it they always want it lol. If you can work it into your life then it's not a problem of course. But it means that you've made a conscious decision to make it your life. So you're serious about it, no reason to come off. A year at 500-750 a week total will have you way above what you can naturally hold with good diet and training

Ofcourse not, but anyone coming off extensive blast and cruise is going to be fucked! Been there got the t shirt. Almost everyone i know who has been on for extensive peroids and not at a competing level has lived to regret it. It is not suitable advice for a novice!

Still cant find it, why does he state what i have marked in bold and uderlined if he thinks its fine to go on for months/years at a time?

Still cant find it, why does he state what i have marked in bold and uderlined if he thinks its fine to go on for months/years at a time?

He doesn't recommend it. No-one can recommend going on for that long simply because of the shut down.
What I am saying is there is little difference between 8 weeks and 8 months regarding shutdown.
No-one can tell if you will get any other problems, this is why you get regular health checks. If you get them then you make changes or come off. I know plenty of people that stay on for years and will come off just to have kids then come back on. They mostly do well. But if you're not, you were already done for at 12 weeks.

Triptorelin is very good, single 100mcg shot will bring back HPTA in 99% of cases.
HCG is used by endos, 5000ui shot. Two of them a week apart
Clomid and raising IGF-1 will bring the balls back fast. Do this while on cycle
Nolvadex will lower IGF-1, bad idea when you're trying to come off for reasons above. Adex is good

And fyi you just said he doesnt recomend it and no one can recomend going on for that long, yet this is what you just recomended to the OP.... Clown

Status
Not open for further replies.