• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Got a very close relative dying of Cancer. Prolly got 6-12 months left to live max (with constant treatment). Person is very bed ridden, pisses themselves constantly, can't eat or drink much and suffers constant pain. They wish they had of died years ago after a heart attack. They keep putting off treatment which they need otherwise they will die a lot faster.

All I can think of and have been doing is trying to arrange things to lift their spirits and make their life a bit easier so they do the treatment.

Working in a hospital now i see cancer patients on a regular basis in the palative ward.

Unfortunately for many of them cancer is not a wake up call, it's a curtain call.

To say it's not nice would have to be one of the nicest things said about it.

Brother in law lost both his parents this year to cancer. His old man got lung cancer years ago, refused to give up the smokes and just ended up slowly whittling away for 5 or so years. Probably wasn't much point in living for the last 2+ years, couldn't do anything, was reliant on someone for just about everything, constantly in and out of hospital etc.
His mum got diagnosed with cervical cancer last year, had treatment and was meant to be all going to plan. Went for a routine scan a few months after the old boy passed and found her body was riddled with it. Docs said further treatment would be a waste as it won't cure it and her quality of life would be much worse so they stopped. She was gone within 3-4 months.

Kunce of a thing it is. Doesn't discriminate that's for sure. If it's going to get you, it'll get you. Sure smoking and plenty of other things will raise your odds but there's too many types of the kunce. I know a lot of people that think they cure it in one place only to find it pop up in another a short time later

When do you make the decision to stop fighting it and let it take its course? When is the person only hanging on because the loved ones want that person to keep fighting it but the person would be better off dead?

A hard decision a lot of us will have to make at some time. :(

When do you make the decision to stop fighting it and let it take its course? When is the person only hanging on because the loved ones want that person to keep fighting it but the person would be better off dead?

A hard decision a lot of us will have to make at some time. :(

No one can make that decision for the victim mate, there is no hard and fast rule, rule of thumb or even a guideline.

I think it's Melbourne Uni are doing a lot of research into exactly why cancer is immune to a lot of drugs and coming up with some promising results too.

No one can make that decision for the victim mate, there is no hard and fast rule, rule of thumb or even a guideline.

I think it's Melbourne Uni are doing a lot of research into exactly why cancer is immune to a lot of drugs and coming up with some promising results too.

I guess it comes down to just how much others can make the persons life as bearable as possible. Once a threshold is reached the suffer shouldn't be encouraged to keep on fighting.

Cancers can go into remission though. I guess that's the risk you take when letting the person go.

As a kid I watched my Mum fight and fight. And she only lived on 10% or so of her lung capacity for a long time. The love of Family made her fight so hard, she prolly should have given up years before.

I think that's a huge motivator for a lot of people in that situation. It's amazing how many people you hear of in their final hours or days and don't pass until they've seen someone or there's some kind of significant event that they've been seemingly hanging on for.

Nah man if I had to get to the stage where I have to be on life support, I'll unplug it myself! lol

My wife has lost her dad, aunty and 2 uncles to cancer and 1 aunty has survived it (that is all of her aunties and uncles on both sides). My best mates dad also passed from cancer. My mum smokes and I've told her to give up before my kids lose another grandparent but she won't so I'm just waiting for that.

I'm a firefighter so I'm sure to get it too. People say I'm being negative but its not something I worry about, just a risk I have chosen to take.

My mum is the one that will do me in the most, she knows she shouldn't smoke but does it anyway. The rest were just cases of shit things happen to good people.

Horrible stuff. Just found out my first cricket coach (and family friend) died of melanoma last night. He taught me and my brother (and his own sons) how to hold a bat properly and bowl straight. His early coaching set me on a good path with my cricket. Great guy. Too many years in the sun coaching, umpiring and watching cricket without hat/spf15 etc etc etc

Sat with a dying person for 2 hours today. Same person as last time. Can't see them improving this time though. Kunce can barely talk. You just sit there, being there so when they wake up occasionally they have someone they know/trust there. Empathizing how they must be feeling going through what they are and that they know they are facing death.

Pretty fucked feeling realizing death comes to us all and its for eternity.

Back again tomorrow.

Sat with a dying person for 2 hours today. Same person as last time. Can't see them improving this time though. Kunce can barely talk. You just sit there, being there so when they wake up occasionally they have someone they know/trust there. Empathizing how they must be feeling going through what they are and that they know they are facing death.

Back again tomorrow.
A truly noble thing you are doing there are.

Back again tomorrow.

Done this its horrible. I thought I'd have to do it again this time they ate a face full of 12gauge before it got to bad. My thoughts are with you man, talk to the nurses and doctors they will help a bit earlier if your approach is right. They always do to a degree but I don't have to tell you, you know the score. Ain't no pleasure in existing in that way.