• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hmmm. This is interesting.

two time cancer survivor checking in.

Nearly well and truly killed me the second time...but I eill always beleive it was my shear will to win the battle that kept me going. I was a fit 80kg kid the second time round (18yo). Within two months I weighed 52kg(got back to 85kg and looked good with a healthy dose of prescription steroids in a few months but thats another story heh). And looked like I was done. That was members mo. Appetite was lost. Hair was lost. Self confidence? Forget it. Dignity? That was gone too. Isolated for three weeks while they killed my immune system, then the cancer, the luckily was able to re-instate my immune system with an autologous bone marrow transplant.

But I wouldnt have survived without it let's be honest.

I wasChee a 50/50 chance of survival, but was told a few years later by my professor that is was more like 10%.

Attitude it is said, is what won the battlsuffett was 12 years ago.

So if anyone has questions...I think im qualified to answer them. :)

Getting back to Fadi's OP...
Was it a helpful thing? In some ways yes. I grew up fast, and began to look at life very differently, but my life was hell for a long time. Makes you realise what is important and what is pointless in life.

Tim.

Kudos for staying strong and positive.
We have had many family members suffer from cancer lately so it's good to hear a positive outcome.

Last edited:
Wake up calls:
your reflection in the mirror
the number on the scales
your skin peeling
your pants not buttoning up
panting like a dog after a flight of stairs

They are wake up calls.

Cancer is not a wake up call or a truthful friend. It's a **** that goes... Hey look at that rainbow then stabs you between the ribs.

I don't think I've ever read anything so odd from you Fadi and I can only assume that you are trying to find some good in some bad news you've come across or something.

@Timeah; good onya bro, didn't know that.

Spent my childhood and teenage years watching my Mother (a Reg. Nurse with strong Christain altruistic values) slowly get eaten to the bone and then dying at 48 years of age. Now my Father has Prostate cancer and recently suffered a heart attack and fluid on the lungs due to the medication used to treat the Cancer. He'll die of the Cancer or with the Cancer as he isn't going back on the Cancer medication.

Cancer a wake up call, perhaps, but certainly the negatives out way the positives.

(and yet some scum of the earth live to ripe old ages)

Sorry to hear mate.

My father died from cancer, it was very fast a ferocious, a matter of weeks.

Scares the crap out of me, had a guy at work, 35, three young kids, health freak (eat clean, train hard etc etc) used to dead lift 265kg, was fit and lean, one day found a lump, three weeks later he was dead, no warnings that he noted.

Cancer sucks the big one.

Fadi reading your post I am getting the feeling that you have received some not so good news recently and you are trying to make sense of things in your own philosophical way.

Hope you and your family are well.

[MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; I hope that you and yours are well.

I can only imagine that something has happened of late that is making you ponder these issues.

Thinking of you.

Agree Fadi I hope you are Better than this post and your absence implies, Cancer is not a pretty thing. I can appreciate that it makes you reflect on what has happened in your life, but any severe injury, will, its just how you deal with it, and we are all different. some give up, some doubt what they have been said, some accept it and just ride it out, and some fight like hell because they are not letting it beat them..

Working in pathology I see them come through regular patients, weekly tests, i see how the chemo effects there results I see how it effects their lives, most are pretty positve.. I see how the chemo, helps to bring them into remission, But sadely i also see the signs that its just taken a turn for the worse.. and see their name in teh paper, a week or so later..

Be strong, be positive. Best wishes.

If anyone has been offended by my post, then I apologise, I’m sorry. It was never my intention to hurt anyone's feelings. I wrote what I did to express my view point on the issue and not to suggest people do one thing over another, or change their view point, a view point that is based on whatever knowledge they have re this subject, or any experiences they (or people they know) have gone through.

Thanks for reading and sharing your honest opinions, I respect them all.

Fadi.

@Fadi; certainly no offence here Fadi my man. Your expertise and character is what this forum needs more of not less.

I hope your reflection on this topic hasn't been brought about by some bad news.

Last edited:
"What doesn't kill us makes us stronger" should not be taken so literally.

No person should have to go through such a debilitating, life threatening illness to realise a new outlook on life.

If anyone has been offended by my post, then I apologise, I’m sorry. It was never my intention to hurt anyone's feelings. I wrote what I did to express my view point on the issue and not to suggest people do one thing over another, or change their view point, a view point that is based on whatever knowledge they have re this subject, or any experiences they (or people they know) have gone through.

Thanks for reading and sharing your honest opinions, I respect them all.

Fadi.

Don't think people are offended, may be just concerned.

I wasn't offended in the slightest mate. It's your viewpoint and I respect that. In fact I respect you more for holding such a philosophical view on a topic that strikes negativity into the hearts of most people (me included).

Hope you didn't deem my initial response to be aggressive in any manner. Wasn't my intention.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I wasn't offended in the slightest mate. It's your viewpoint and I respect that. In fact I respect you more for holding such a philosophical view on a topic that strikes negativity into the hearts of most people (me included).

Hope you didn't deem my initial response to be aggressive in any manner. Wasn't my intention.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Not aggressive at all Camo. I likewise, respect everyone's opinion on the topic also, irrespective whether they agree or disagree with my point of view. Cheers matey.

Fadi.

I don't think many people would have been offended Fadi, just a little concerned as to what sparked you create such a post and I for one am wishing you all the best.
At least it sparked a serious discussion between members and got rid of some of the usual banter that pollutes many of the threads on this forum.

Got a very close relative dying of Cancer. Prolly got 6-12 months left to live max (with constant treatment). Person is very bed ridden, pisses themselves constantly, can't eat or drink much and suffers constant pain. They wish they had of died years ago after a heart attack. They keep putting off treatment which they need otherwise they will die a lot faster.

All I can think of and have been doing is trying to arrange things to lift their spirits and make their life a bit easier so they do the treatment.