• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The protein issue

Eating as soon as possible after a workout is pretty simple
You simpletons
would'nt it be better to have your protein shake straight after as its absorbed faster. Then you could just eat any time in the next 2 hours?

is it necessary to be as soon as possible ?

would'nt it be better to have your protein shake straight after as its absorbed faster. Then you could just eat any time in the next 2 hours?

Well as stated before, insulin sensitivity is very high post workout for 45 minutes. High blood levels of sugar increases this slightly. High levels of aminos increases this further still. Both will increase sensitivity for up to 6 hours.

So just have some food before and after training to make sure you have high blood amino levels. A protein shake is fine. I like it because I don't feel like eating right after I've trained or before. BCAAs is pretty much perfect. As I said when I am driving to the gym I have half a shake then drink the rest while I train and have some BCAAs for the drive home. A good meal 45 minutes before you train and then a meal after would be good as well. It's just whatever is easiest. But yeah, you will benefit greatly from eating around the training time

Well as stated before, insulin sensitivity is very high post workout for 45 minutes. High blood levels of sugar increases this slightly. High levels of aminos increases this further still. Both will increase sensitivity for up to 6 hours.........

It's 51.5 minutes post workout and up to 5.9 hours

Sheesh

Fucking bro science...

Eat a balanced diet that suits your needs...

If eating mega protein with no veg is your thing all good...

If eating mega veg with no meat is your thing then cool...

If it feels good being an insulin fairy then cool to that too...

Whatever happened to eating a handful of meals aday, having some carbs after training, keeping protein fairly high (1-1.5g per pound of bw), training with the basics etc etc...

There are so many diet variations these days, fasting, iifym, low carb, high carb, stick it in your ass carb etc etc etc etc...

Keep things basic - follow the simple basic structures that have been shown to work through real-life results and not in a lab in some uni and just train hard...

Alot of people will sit here looking for a secret or an easier way to do something just to simply justify the fact that they know their not putting the work in where it counts.

I think discussions about different forms of dieting are interesting but at the end of the day if you stick to basic methods that have been shown to work you will get results and the results will only be limited by how much effort you put in.

Long story short.... Keep it simple choose an aapproach that suits you...

Hit your macros for deficit or excess and you will succeed....