• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Buying 2nd barbell, muscle motion black oxide?

U

unit

Hi I bought my first barbell just over a year ago from gym direct, at the time i wasnt aware about size and just went with the cheap olympic bar , which was about was 110$. After some research it has been recommended a 28mm barbell , black oxide, with decent rotation of sleeves and a bit of whip.

As im only 16 i cant really ask my parents to buy me them texus power bars that are over 400$

I found a bar that sort of suit my needs and its from the same place i bought my first one, (gym direct) and the price is very reasonable.

Does anyone own or have any experience with this bar, and are the sleeves smooth?

http://www.gymdirect.com.au/item/22...e-Barbell_Needle-Bearing_Rated-600kg/1013.htm

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey mate, go the barbell thread. Fairly sure some guys actually bought this bar. Shoot them a message and ask

Not sure how others are getting on but i had one shipped to me in Perth. If it wasn't bent straight out of the box then it was shortly after. One of the bearings is also loose and needs to be hammered up ever few weeks or the sleeves move about. Final verdict - complete rubbish.

I know the Hulk had some issues with the older ones but I bought the new version a while back and its great, ripper knurling, smooth bearings and has put up with a fair whack of abuse including me slipping with 200kg squat and bailing, bent my safeties but not the bar luckily.

I guess the $70 bar I've had for 15 years is not working.

I hope you didn't take me seriously solarbear, I was being sarcastic and kunty

I still have and use the first bar I bought over 30 years ago for 20 bux

Last edited:
I hope you didn't take me seriously solarbear, I was being sarcastic and kunty

I still have and use the first bar I bought over 30 years ago for 20 bux

Nope. I picked up on your sarcasm. Was just joining in poking fun at the $500 bar people.