• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I don't think anyone says otherwise...just that some of us happen to appreciate the craftsmanship and variety of scotch. You asked what the difference was, I shared what little knowledge I have.

[emoji4] sweet..3 more sleeps and I'm in the country where this heavenly stuff is made!!!

Added a few more whisky's tasted.

Abelour
Arran 10
Arran port cask
Arran 18
Auchentoshen 10
Auchentoshen triple wood
Ardbeg 10
Ardbeg corryvekian
Ardbeg udegaille
Bruichladdich port Charlotte
Balvenie double wood
Balvenie triple wood 16
Bowmore
Bunnahabbhain
Cardhu
Caol Ila
Cragganmore distillers edition
Cragganmore friends of the malt triple cask
Dalmore 12
Dalwhinnie
Edradour
Glen Elgin
Glenndronach 18yo
Glengoyne 10
Glengoyne 12
Glengoyne 16
Glengoyne 18
Glengoyne 21
Glengoyne teapot dram
Glenfarclas 10
Glenfarclas 25yo
Glennfiddich 12
Glennfiddich 15
Glennfiddich 18
Glen grant
Glen livet
Glenkinchie
Glenmorangie lasanta
Glenmorangie port cask
Highland park
Jura 16
Laphroaig 10
Laphroaig 15
Laphroaig 18
Laphroaig single cask 1999
Laphroaig single cask 2002
Laphroaig single cask 2005
Lagavulin
Lagavulin port cask
Lagavulin single cask
Macallan
Oban 14
Old pultney
Talisker 10
Talisker dark storm
Tamdhu

I'm sure I missed a few

What did you think of the Macallan, and how many years old was it?

Macallan has so many varieties but I had the gold, green and amber. They (like many distilleries) are going away from age statements and going with cask varieties instead. But I'd say the majority might be in the 10-18 year old range.
I like sherry cask whisky so I preferred the amber.

Isn't that funny, I just posted this in the off topic...
hudson-manhattan-rye.jpg

That's a good collection

[MENTION=9039]D1cko[/MENTION]
What would you recommend for someone who loves Glenmorangie to try? I haven't tried a whole heap, but Glenmorangie 18 yr old is probably the best whisky I've tasted.

I've had the likes of laphroaig which just knocked me on my arse.

@D1cko
What would you recommend for someone who loves Glenmorangie to try? I haven't tried a whole heap, but Glenmorangie 18 yr old is probably the best whisky I've tasted.

If you didn't like the Laphroaig and prefer the highlands you probably wont like this but Ardberg Corryvreckan is a nice Islay mouthful and worth trying. You might like some of the Oban whiskies, or thereabouts.

If you didn't like the Laphroaig and prefer the highlands you probably wont like this but Ardberg Corryvreckan is a nice Islay mouthful and worth trying. You might like some of the Oban whiskies, or thereabouts.
Ardbeg is my favourite distillery. Uigedail is simply divine.

[MENTION=9039]D1cko[/MENTION]

Anything speyside mate. Try Tamdhu, Glenlivit, Glen Elgin, Dalwhinnie, Cardhu and Cragganmore.
Also Glengoyne from the highlands.
All of those are very pleasant and light.

I've tried really hard to be a scotch wanker but I just can't do it, single malts make me want to gag, I don't get why why people look down their nose at blends. I don't mind admitting I love a mainstream blend, give me royal salute or JW gold anyday.

I've tried really hard to be a scotch wanker but I just can't do it, single malts make me want to gag, I don't get why why people look down their nose at blends. I don't mind admitting I love a mainstream blend, give me royal salute or JW gold anyday.
You're obviously trying the wrong single malts for your tastes then. I've never had a problem with blends, and had some JW green label last night..
I just prefer exploring the individual differences in in taste of single malts from different regions.