• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
The thing I love about Single Malts is that difference between regions. Not many blends around that have this feature. I have a vast collection from many regions, but have developed a love for the Islay malts, which most people can't stand!! lol

What stands out flavor wise for that region?

I had some very smokey, the taste while drinking was nice but the smokiness increased to a disgusting level and hanged around for a while

Haha yeah that, harsh, salty, peaty...try laphroig, ardbeg, lagavulin...smokey :)
I have acquired some awesome unfiltered single cask (from bowmore) scotch from the whisky society and it starts of very smokey and harsh but finishes deliciously smooth and almost candy flavoured!!

Johnie Walker Red, for me. Dont mind Black, but red goes down better.
Cant do the single malts, I'm a cheap shout.

Reds the cheaper one, it's supposed to be mixed, while Black is more drinkable on the rocks. I thought Black goes down smoother, and double back had a more aged, smokey taste.

Reds the cheaper one, it's supposed to be mixed, while Black is more drinkable on the rocks. I thought Black goes down smoother, and double back had a more aged, smokey taste.

Lol........you sound like my mates, they're always pouring on rocks, swirling it around, sniffing, making comments and basically pretending they have 1/2 a clue what they are talking about. They don't, as I keep telling them, they're full of shit, they are as much whiskey connoisseurs as I am an airline pilot.

Lol........you sound like my mates, they're always pouring on rocks, swirling it around, sniffing, making comments and basically pretending they have 1/2 a clue what they are talking about. They don't, as I keep telling them, they're full of shit, they are as much whiskey connoisseurs as I am an airline pilot.

Hehe thats funny

In fact out of all i think johnie red is the nicest, black and blue was just as crap imho

Haha nah fuck that shit, I just drink it, not play with it and talk about it.

I pay up to $300-400 for a good bottle of scotch. When I drink it, I'm gonna sip it and talk about it...come at me [emoji4]

I pay up to $300-400 for a good bottle of scotch. When I drink it, I'm gonna sip it and talk about it...come at me [emoji4]

Can you really tell the difference? I tried but the single malts have a very strong aftertaste and smell that for me, makes it impossible to tell one from the other. They just shake me around like a wet dog.

Can you really tell the difference? I tried but the single malts have a very strong aftertaste and smell that for me, makes it impossible to tell one from the other. They just shake me around like a wet dog.

Absolutely, the regions are so different. Islay malts can be harsh, smoky and peaty. Go for a Speyside malt for smooth and sweeter...

Absolutely, the regions are so different. Islay malts can be harsh, smoky and peaty. Go for a Speyside malt for smooth and sweeter...

I reckon Highland malts have the most "rounded" flavour, but if someone can't tell the difference between an Islay and a Speyside they might as well be drinking Johnny Walker or some other rubbish.

My regular drinks (the ones I always have in the cupboard) are Glenfarclas 8 and Glenrothes 12. Highland park is pretty good value too, and you can always find it duty free.

Pride of my collection at the moment is Glenfarclas 25. Special gift from the brother in law.

I reckon Highland malts have the most "rounded" flavour, but if someone can't tell the difference between an Islay and a Speyside they might as well be drinking Johnny Walker or some other rubbish.

Here is a news flash, kunce who can't tell the difference b/w Islay and whatever, can drink whatever the fuck they feel like drinking.

Here is a news flash, kunce who can't tell the difference b/w Islay and whatever, can drink whatever the fuck they feel like drinking.

Anyone can drink whatever the fuck they feel like drinking if it's available to them.