• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Bottom shelf bourbon like Beam is fucking disgusting but so it bottom shelf whisky. I don't mind some of the quality bourbons personally.

You need to try good whisky to enjoy it. If "Johnnie" is as the start of the name, forget it.

I have tried top shelf scotch in the past. It just isn't for me.
Though on a rare occasions I don't mind a good Irish Whiskey.

Love Jim Beam. Given the choice of anything regardless of price, Jim beam black would be my pick, but the white label stuff will do me just fine.

Agreed. Black label is nice, even Wild Turkey or Maker's Mark. But I usually just drink the white label.

I love my whisky here is what I have

Glenfiddich
1 12yr
2 15yr
3 15yr distillery edition
4 2x age of discovery Madeira
5 age of discovery bourbon cask
6 125th anniversary

glenlivet
1 16 yr nadurra
2 18yr

jim beam
1 bookers
2 distillers series 3
3 distillers series 4
4 jim beam black cherry
5 jim beam black
5 jim beam devils cut

Jack Daniels
1 09 single barrel

Aussie whiskys
1 sullivans cove French oak ( one of the best I've tried )
2 hellyers road 10yr

i think that's all I have.

Last edited:
That bottle of Cove tregs has is now worth about 5-6 grand now, unopened :p

My olds live on the other side of the river to Heller Road Distillery, their drop has been my favourite since they first opened. it's fucking fine.

Why?
healyh?

Couple of reasons:
1. It was becoming a problem, for me, not anyone else. A couple of drinks a night became a habit and I wanted to break that habit.
2. Sugar. I was having coco pops for breakfast and bourbon for dinner. To much sugar.
3. Sugar and fat go together, I was getting fat, not huge, but a couple of kgs that I could notice.
4. I was made redundant at the end of Feb (I worked at a mine) so this was an opportunity to clean my shit up, started training consistently without working 13.5hr days and stopped eating coco pops for breakfast and having bourbon for dinner.

42 days without bourbon or coco pops and I've gone from 80.8kgs back down to 77.8kgs.

Heading to the single malt whiskey society tasting event tomorow. Should be awesome.

Famous grouse, by far the nicest blend and smooth regardless of price. Not a fan of single malt. Believe me ive tried many bottles from $25-$2000

But if im drunk, 2 things, yours and mine

But dubliner (scottish with honeycomb and caramel only 30%) is magic. Makes american honey taste like laundry powder

Heading to Scotland in 2 weeks...I'll call into the SMWS (which I'm a member) and will be hopefully visiting a few distilleries such as Isle of Arran, laphroig, lagavulin, glenmorangie...can't bloody wait!!
Craze, you're crazy!! Not a fan of single malt? I've never heard that before!!

But dubliner (scottish with honeycomb and caramel only 30%) is magic. Makes american honey taste like laundry powder
I might buy this and have a taste I'm not into hard whisky. I'm either untrained or just can't stand it. I do like American honey though.

The thing I love about Single Malts is that difference between regions. Not many blends around that have this feature. I have a vast collection from many regions, but have developed a love for the Islay malts, which most people can't stand!! lol

I might buy this and have a taste I'm not into hard whisky. I'm either untrained or just can't stand it. I do like American honey though.

Only dan murphies has it.

You must, doesnt have that rocket fuel burn and is very smooth and tasty without sickly sweet

Next i may try vodka with canadian maple mixed in it