• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training Gloves, Wraps and Straps

I tried using gloves for about a week. All my friends at the time swore by them. They didn't do jack $#!7.

I occasionally use straps on deadlifts, eg if I've already done a couple sets at my working weight, the next set might be with straps.

I was getting a little sore on my wrists and right elbow; started using wraps for pressing movements and the pain stopped.

Forget the gloves.
You never really need them IMO.

I havent used gloves for deadlifgs etc ever in the past 3 years. Hands are not messed up at all and are strong as fuck.

The straps I understand, especially with hogh block pulls using weighgs well above your max (though I dont do that either for extra grip work). I find grip, like anything else, adapts over time if you let it.

Wraps are a whole other thing. And very useful.

Tim.

Digging up a thread instead of creating a new one.

I was wondering (for the people who use gloves) which you have found to be the best. Yes, I know, why the hell do I use them; and stop being a girly man. I mostly use them to stop my hands from becoming slippery due to sweat. I've used basic elastic Nike gloves in the past and they got shredded in no time from olympic bars.

I then bought a cheapy set of Harbinger gloves as they are sold everywhere. Probably got a year's use out of them before they started falling apart. I bought another, more expensive set thinking they would last much longer. Within 2 weeks they were already falling apart and cut into my hand leaving bruises. I emailed Harbinger as they were still under warranty but they handballed my complaint around until it got lost. It's safe to say I'm never buying Harbinger again.

So does anyone have suggestions or specific brands to use?

Well I made them last a year, but they were pretty torn up within 3-4 months. Many years ago I had a generic no name glove that was just leather with a lace back. It was pretty crude and the left vs right cutouts weren't even close. But they lasted at least 2 years. I can't find any like that anymore. Now they're all name brand and fluro.