• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Quick and healthy energy boost

Does this bulletproof coffee actually makes a difference to anyone here after taking it?

Or why not just have a big scoop of Craze, wouldn't that do the trick instead?

I have yet to try training prior to 6am, I shall put that in my bucket list.

Does this bulletproof coffee actually makes a difference to anyone here after taking it?

Or why not just have a big scoop of Craze, wouldn't that do the trick instead?

I have yet to try training prior to 6am, I shall put that in my bucket list.

I find it ok mate. Only been having it for a week. I haven't tried craze tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to use craze but it was so hard on my stomach i would be sprinting to the loo mid session. Not good really in many ways. He he

I brown all my meat. Cancer can go fuck itself.

I don't know how you eat a steak on the BBQ without out browning it. I have no urge to live off fucking sloppy boiled stews.

If having steak like this causes cancer then I will be welcoming it with open arms

13250_orig.jpg

I would call that warmed through

Anyway, I tried the bulletproof coffee today and my energy levels are pretty good this morning- but I also had a high calorie day yesterday. It tasted far less offensive than I thought it would.
Today is a low calorie day and lunch is 5 whole eggs so at 4pm I'll have another and see what deadlifting is like today

Anyway, I tried the bulletproof coffee today and my energy levels are pretty good this morning- but I also had a high calorie day yesterday. It tasted far less offensive than I thought it would.

I tried it as well today,with similar reaction

not so sure about the euphoric feeling it supposedly has and energy boost for hours,but i will use this for a while and see how it goes

I had it at 0630 and was good until around 11
I find placebo has a big effect on me though. Which is pretty fucking sick in it's own right
I'll have to try it for a few weeks then go without

There is only one species of tea, Camellia sinensis
Uncured it is white tea, oxidized it becomes green tea and further processing turns it into black tea

i should of said variety, sinensis assamica or Sinensis sinensis

Ive just planted my ginger, Looking forward to some ginger and lime ice crushes in the blender this summer :)

i should of said variety, sinensis assamica or Sinensis sinensis

Ive just planted my ginger, Looking forward to some ginger and lime ice crushes in the blender this summer :)

I need to learn when to harvest my ginger,I have a few plants.

each time in the past when I bandicooted a few roots they were always very woody

I need to learn when to harvest my ginger,I have a few plants.

each time in the past when I bandicooted a few roots they were always very woody

Wait till they die off then dig them out, The new roots thats are starting to sprout, re plant them and then keep the rest

your second/ third will be much better, first grow never seems to be full flavor

You aldo need to slow down on the watering when they strat to die, this helps the rhizomes grow as its natrually leaching out to get more water ect

Last edited:
Wait till they die off then dig them out, The new roots thats are starting to sprout, re plant them and then keep the rest

your second/ third will be much better, first grow never seems to be full flavor

You aldo need to slow down on the watering when they strat to die, this helps the rhizomes grow as its natrually leaching out to get more water ect

thanks Syd

only thing is I have some ginger plants here that didn't die off over winter,should they die of completely ?

I find placebo has a big effect on me though. Which is pretty fucking sick in it's own right

Nah not placebo, if you have even half the required amount it actually does keep you goon till about then, no euphoria, just the feeling of " i dont really need to eat"

I tried it as well today,with similar reaction

not so sure about the euphoric feeling it supposedly has and energy boost for hours,but i will use this for a while and see how it goes

Will be trying this shortly, have not tried it yet as I have blood tests tomorrow morning, so did not want to change anything just days before blood test, so I kept everything as normal, then going away Saturday for the week end, so will probably try this on Monday.

Coconut oil is not 100% MCT.

I don't have the link as it's from Alan Aragon blog but pre workout MCT supplementation has not proved itself as a performance enhancing supplement. (can't remember if it was strength or endurance though sorry)

Also, unsure of the reasoning for taking bulletproof coffee. Some people do it for apparent fat loss reasons which is basically BS. Gives you energy for hours compared to normal coffee: may have something to do with the extra 300 or so calories you are consuming. ;)

To answer the op's Q: I'd probably just have a regular coffee myself and for breakfast eaters probably a banana or something easy to digest.

I don't have the link as it's from Alan Aragon blog but pre workout MCT supplementation has not proved itself as a performance enhancing supplement. (can't remember if it was strength or endurance though sorry)

Also, unsure of the reasoning for taking bulletproof coffee. Some people do it for apparent fat loss reasons which is basically BS. Gives you energy for hours compared to normal coffee: may have something to do with the extra 300 or so calories you are consuming. ;)

To answer the op's Q: I'd probably just have a regular coffee myself and for breakfast eaters probably a banana or something easy to digest.

I don't get it either.

I don't know how true it is because I haven't looked into it because I don't use coconut oil but did hear something interesting about it.

Apparently coconut oil is a major part of most of the cheap vegetable oils that people try and avoid these days. Places wanted to get rid of coconut oil at a better price and what better way to do that. Convince people it is a special health food. Bingo fitness industry soaks that shit up. Eg acai berry.

Again I haven't looking into it myself because I don't use it.

That's why they suggest MCT oil instead of coconut oil, as coconut oil only contains a percentage of MCT.

As for reasoning, it is well explained in the article about the stuff and the reviews. Have not tried it myself, so have no idea if it works.

So consuming 300 calories from another source will have the same effect as using the formula for the coffee, especially on an empty stomach?? So may be 300 calories from sugar will have the same affect on the body as 300 calories from good fats??

I am guessing 300 calories from sugar will take you straight out of Ketosis, spike the crap out of your insulin for a short energy boost and then give you food cravings for the rest of the day. While the 300 calories of fat will promote Ketosis, which will promote fat burning, which will suppress cravings and hunger, coffee will boost the metabolism and make you more alert and also suppresses hunger cravings.