• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Quick and healthy energy boost

I don't own a blender but tomorrow I'll try this inside a shaker bottle
I'll be going for lard instead of butter though

I KNOW someone will ask so-
>I don't own butter
>Good butter is retardedly expensive
>I have loads of lard
>A massive block costs $2

I followed the link Big Mick supplied and did some reading,seems the energy boost comes from the use of MCT oils (which coconut oil is)

Yeah they are basically free fatty acids.
When you eat fat, it gets broken down into trigyclerides. This process takes around 2 hours. Triglycerides get turned into glucagon (which is used in the same process sugar does for ATP and free fatty acids.

For triglycerides to turn into glucagon then ATP, around 20 mins. Same as sugar. The butter will take longer, so you get an instant then steady boost of energy.

Yeah they are basically free fatty acids.
When you eat fat, it gets broken down into trigyclerides. This process takes around 2 hours. Triglycerides get turned into glucagon (which is used in the same process sugar does for ATP and free fatty acids.

For triglycerides to turn into glucagon then ATP, around 20 mins. Same as sugar. The butter will take longer, so you get an instant then steady boost of energy.

I had to google ATP and then s*it got confusing :eek:

anyways I'll leave it as an instant boost followed by a steady boost :)

vs.jpg

I recon instant coffee should be fine, could not imagine the body would know the difference.

They recommend a blender as it makes it creamy there should be no oil floating on top from what I understand. Have not tried this myself ever , only what I read here.

Will give it a try, sounds gross to me but might be ok.:p

instant coffee contributes to cancer development
is it a problem? decide for yourself

I have no fucking clue what green coffee is
Regular, filtered coffee is good for you.
I'm more of a tea man myself. I go for the unprocessed shit, obviously. White tea is the tits, and green tea is not as good but still awesome. Black tea is fine too but the more processed it gets the less theanine in it. Theanine makes you feel fucking bionic by the way:

Theanine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh and I literally just pick the leaves off my tea plant, dry them and make tea from them
Contains all the vitamin C you need also

I recon instant coffee should be fine, could not imagine the body would know the difference.

They recommend a blender as it makes it creamy there should be no oil floating on top from what I understand. Have not tried this myself ever , only what I read here.

Will give it a try, sounds gross to me but might be ok.:p

^^^ my thinking as well

I've had it the last few days. You need the blender. It's not the best coffee you'll ever drink, but it's ok. I just use Nescafé blend43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no fucking clue what green coffee is
Regular, filtered coffee is good for you.
I'm more of a tea man myself. I go for the unprocessed shit, obviously. White tea is the tits, and green tea is not as good but still awesome. Black tea is fine too but the more processed it gets the less theanine in it. Theanine makes you feel fucking bionic by the way:

Theanine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I believe green coffee is coffee beans that have not been roasted, and as such are supposed to contain Chlorogenic Acid and Leptin which is supposed to 'trick' the body into fat burning. Also supposed to have more antioxidants.

Not sure it does anything like most other hyped up stuff, I did buy some, and not as nice as normal coffee, might use it to make bullet proof coffee mix.

This is the one I have:

NESCAFÉ GREEN BLEND - Products - NESCAFÉ COM

Why would you ruin your meat by browning it?

I brown all my meat. Cancer can go fuck itself.

I don't know how you eat a steak on the BBQ without out browning it. I have no urge to live off fucking sloppy boiled stews.