• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Are you a Tipper?

kaz

iLift
Recent news reports show Aussies are tipping more and more at the till.
Do you tip?
Yes/no/why?

As above... A company should be paying and consequently charging the appropriate rates to ensure this bs does not become a part of our society.

We inherit enough crap from the states.

i don't see the point in tipping someone just for doing their job? Sure i have tipped once or twice when the person has clearly gone beyond their duty to help me out

but for doing your job , fuck no

If I happen to be paying cash (less frequent these days) then I will generally round up to the nearest $10 and tip the difference.

Having worked in a low paid service job through uni, I know what a big difference a few tips can make to someone in that position. Now that I can afford to tip myself, I choose to do so.

I do the odd shift as a barman at a strip club in Brisbane and some nights I would make double nearly triple the money in tips than my wage for that night. Depending on the weekend events that are on I could get $500+ in one night which is more than some of the dancers lol.

I only ever tip if I'm at a strip club (at the stage & bar) or if I know the person working the bar that I'm at. I don't beleive it to be neccessary though as the cost of everything in Aus is already heavily over-inflated.

No one tips me when I do my job, so no.

It's a stupid idea IMO.

If someone goes out of their way to do something yes, happy to leave a tip then.

If I receive exceptional service. My old lady is in hospitality, so I was always raised to respect good service and give a tip where the staff member has gone above and beyond.

I don't agree with automatic gratuities of 10-20%. The company should pay the correct wage. However, above average performance is worthy of a tip if the tipper wants to do so.

If we paid for restaurant meals the same ammount as the yanks, I'd ave no problem tipping, but we pay double, maybe a little more than double at times and the service does not compare.
So, NO, not a tipper.

If we paid for restaurant meals the same ammount as the yanks, I'd ave no problem tipping, but we pay double, maybe a little more than double at times and the service does not compare.
So, NO, not a tipper.

Exactly right, my understanding is that the price of wages, rent, etc etc is factored into the meals and everytihg here which is why it is generally more expensive, in the States everything is bascially priced with the 10 - 20% tip factored in for the people who provide the service, their wages are heaps lower and rely on the tips to make up a decent wage.

Hence, I dont tip....

US bar staff pay rates are as low as $2/hour so they have a tipping system. Our bar rates are plenty high enough so expecting tips here is ignorant. Do your job. I might tip for particularly good service but for the basic service, not necessary here.

Yeah, I hate it when the waitress looks greedily at all your change on the silver platter as you pick them up, expecting you to leave them with a bounty. I just take my time and pick them all up, piece by piece.

I wouldn't be against a tipping system. At least it might encourage the workers to provide a better quality of service.

I have tipped once or twice, but only for exceptional service.

With all kinds of workplace rules and regulations it would be pointless to tip some employees at the chance of getting them in trouble.

It's not a clear cut line for me as to where tipping is and isn't acceptable.

Drop the hourly rates to that of what they are in the states and then make tripping compulsory

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

We don't but that's why tipping is so.important in the Us average hourly wage of wait staff etc is super low

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Yep and we are not in the US that's why I wouldn't tip anyone for just doing there bloody job. If they don't like it get another job.

A waitress said to me,

"Sorry about the wait"

I said, "not to worry, lose a few kg's you'll look a lot better"