• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you train to failure on every set, or just the last set of an exercise?

I really like that 9RPE range
Volume builds muscle, IMO. Specifically volume in the 9-10RPE range
What allows you to build the most volume? Lots of sets. What allows you to do lots of sets? Stopping one rep short. This is why rest/pausing is so fucking amazing too

I like the way you've explained it Big Man.

Take home message: best to leave one or so rep in the tank.

Fadi.

That is how I prefer to train, and with experience I pretty much know when the last rep has arrived.

I never really found slow reps, forced reps or negatives to do much for me. The thing about grindy slow reps building slow twitch fibers must be why.

To get good intensity I usually do a rest/pause set on my main lift and have started to do what Tnation calls stacking on my big assistance lifts. After years of being pretty stagnant, my assistance exercises have exploded in no time. It gives me the volume that Oni was talking about and has a progression that seems to be working. These two strategies leave me pretty wiped. Maybe not the dizzy freak out Mick was describing. But muscularly exhausted where its quite an effort to even get a soda afterwards.

Last edited: