• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Which exercise is best for huge triceps

Which exercise is best for huge triceps

• Incline barbell bench press

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Flat barbell bench press

• Decline barbell bench press

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barbell shoulder press

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seated french curls

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Lying tricep extensions

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Close grip bench press

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Pressdowns

• Dips

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Inline barbell press

Flat barbell press

Decline barbell press

Barbell shoulder press

Seated French curls

Lying tricep extensions

Pressdowns

Close grip bench press

Dips

Tough question...

I voted Dips, but arguements could also me made for Close Grip Bench and Pressdowns i think, but also they get a great workout from all other pressing movements as well.

I have seen people with large triceps who dont work them directly but i dont think i have seen anyone with large biceps who dont work them directly.

^yep + all the others...
You got to be real careful when asking questions like this, especially when talking about the shoulder and all the muscles crossing over the joint.

I suspect no one exercise, but looking at the muscle and the one crossing over the joint, using an exercise whereby having the arm up in the air and behind the ear is going to ensure it gets a good workout.

If you're going to do a tricep pushdown, use the rope, not the bar.
Holding your arms inline with the torso is pointless and create more issues than their worth.
position and hold the upper arm behind the mid-line of the torso at all times, once again, you'll require less weight and the burn and cramping is significant if done correctly.

- Close grip bench
- French press/laying ez bar press
- Db overhead press
- ez bar cable pressdown
- Rope pressdowns

I have been stuck, sort of stuck, with my dipping.

I have also been attempting to reduce my bodyweight, which has been interesting, from 89kg to 85kg, I'm going for 84kg.

At the same time, trying to increase strength and mass.

I haven't been able to get past 6 on my work set of 20kg for some time.

So I added 2kg to see if I could stimulate some action...still on 6rep's, which is great.

Now, the interesting thing is...

I've also been doing french press twice a week, one set, on the cable machine, using the rope, just 2plates, my aim has been to really get that stretch, trying to have my hands well behind and below the shoulders, then full contraction and squeezing.

Not counting reps, just going until I'm unable to move.

Well, I believe this has really sparked some interest from the triceps.

I added an extra 2.5 kg to the dip belt (24.5 kg) and did 7, I made sure, as always I performed the same ROM and speed.

Not 100% positive on which exercise gives the biggest triceps but before I got Costochondritis weighted Dips were prob my favorite, now that I can't even really do a single bodyweight Dip without immense pain, Close Grip Bench Pressing with a slingshot to really focus on the triceps is prob my favorite.

I said seated french curls but its a loaded question really. I like the exercise but it takes a couple to get the job done.

For me who struggles with pressing muscle development close grip bench has been best
This is arms at shoulder width to give the longest range of motion, many people say this isn't close grip but who cares

I also did the triceps pushdowns with a band every night and that works very well. Just 100 total reps. I keep forgetting to do so though, need to get back on it. Brings my arms up very fast I should be doing it really

When I 1st started lifting at 14-15 I used to do 100 bench dips a night before bed - this went on for prob 12-16 months - and lets just say I have fairly large triceps.....

I used to love bench dips and then one day they just seemed to start causing sholder issues out of the blue. Still them, normal dips and French curls top my list.