• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Big on a Budget

my TDEE is 2800 calories. I spent 4 weeks with a 20% deficit @ 2240 calories... Didnt get any weightloss, currently doing 1800 calories for the past 10 days.. Loooking to cut a lil more to 1500 cals and see how I go. As long as I can keep on benching 110kg/squat140kg/DL 220kg with this low calories, im not complaining!

Take your body weight in lbs
This is how much fat you should eat
Double it, this is how much protein you should eat

For a 75kg chappy (guestimating this is your weight) this will look like this:
165g fats
320g protein
2760kcal a day (1280kcal from protein)

I know what people are going to say, blah blah blah protein is too high no-one NEEDS that much- who gives a fuck.
This is nearly exactly a kilo of chicken wings a day. A little over. I am using chicken wings because it is my metric as it's my main diet food and I can't be bothered looking it up. They will also give you 180g of protein leaving you 140g of protein left.

Train every day, really high volume, low rest periods just keep moving for an hour doing heavy weights. Kill yourself on one or two exercises. For example yesterday I did front squats and started at doubles with 50kg and worked up to a single with 125kg then dropped down to 110kg and did loads of doubles and singles (too many to count) and then a single with 115kg. These were all over 90% of my daily max. I rested only enough to drink water and catch breath. 1-2 mins max and I was POURING with sweat then I left.

After you train in the afternoon preferably demolish the wings they will go down very easy.
Throughout the day drink your shakes to provide a constant supply of aminos. When you're hungry- your body inhibits fat loss so take as many stimulants as you need to not be hungry. I am not a fan of coffee and only drink water so I go for caffeine pills and ephedrine. 140g of protein equals 1.5 scoops of protein, 4x a day. So a scoop when you wake, double serving for lunch, double serving 10 minutes before you train and a scoop left on the sink overnight. If you get hungry eat spinach or egg whites. If you opt for egg whites then remove a shake. You can have as many egg whites as you like- just make them WITHOUT oils. Scrambled is best I find. 30 of the fuckers is literally 800kcal and close to 200g of protein so it is a perfectly viable alternative to protein powder just not as convenient. But it keeps you VERY full. Drink plenty of water also.

Once a week, go without food. An extra shake instead. Or you can just go nuts on the egg whites but I really wouldn't eat more than 30 if that's even possible. Then another day have a higher calorie day where you have lunch and remove a shake. Aim to double your caloric intake on this day, so dinner will be bigger as well. Don't take less shakes though, just make the servings smaller to reach your protein goals.

You should be training at least 6 days a week. The fat will drip precipitously off you. Your calories and most likely activity level are far too low and you're turning your body into a perpetual motion machine of fail and misery as your metabolic rate slows and you eat less and less

Take your body weight in lbs
This is how much fat you should eat
Double it, this is how much protein you should eat

For a 75kg chappy (guestimating this is your weight) this will look like this:
165g fats
320g protein
2760kcal a day (1280kcal from protein)

I know what people are going to say, blah blah blah protein is too high no-one NEEDS that much- who gives a fuck.
This is nearly exactly a kilo of chicken wings a day. A little over. I am using chicken wings because it is my metric as it's my main diet food and I can't be bothered looking it up. They will also give you 180g of protein leaving you 140g of protein left.

Train every day, really high volume, low rest periods just keep moving for an hour doing heavy weights. Kill yourself on one or two exercises. For example yesterday I did front squats and started at doubles with 50kg and worked up to a single with 125kg then dropped down to 110kg and did loads of doubles and singles (too many to count) and then a single with 115kg. These were all over 90% of my daily max. I rested only enough to drink water and catch breath. 1-2 mins max and I was POURING with sweat then I left.

After you train in the afternoon preferably demolish the wings they will go down very easy.
Throughout the day drink your shakes to provide a constant supply of aminos. When you're hungry- your body inhibits fat loss so take as many stimulants as you need to not be hungry. I am not a fan of coffee and only drink water so I go for caffeine pills and ephedrine. 140g of protein equals 1.5 scoops of protein, 4x a day. So a scoop when you wake, double serving for lunch, double serving 10 minutes before you train and a scoop left on the sink overnight. If you get hungry eat spinach or egg whites. If you opt for egg whites then remove a shake. You can have as many egg whites as you like- just make them WITHOUT oils. Scrambled is best I find. 30 of the fuckers is literally 800kcal and close to 200g of protein so it is a perfectly viable alternative to protein powder just not as convenient. But it keeps you VERY full. Drink plenty of water also.

Once a week, go without food. An extra shake instead. Or you can just go nuts on the egg whites but I really wouldn't eat more than 30 if that's even possible. Then another day have a higher calorie day where you have lunch and remove a shake. Aim to double your caloric intake on this day, so dinner will be bigger as well. Don't take less shakes though, just make the servings smaller to reach your protein goals.

You should be training at least 6 days a week. The fat will drip precipitously off you. Your calories and most likely activity level are far too low and you're turning your body into a perpetual motion machine of fail and misery as your metabolic rate slows and you eat less and less

Hey Oni, thanks for the feeedback. Im a quite but big fan of your logs!

For the past 7 week period, for the first 4 weeks I was doing 2240 calories; 92kg, aim to lose fat. My diet consisted of this;

Meal 1
-1/3cup of oats
- small servign of freshly cut fruit
- 2 tablespoons of natural greek yoghurt
- all this blended

Meal 2
- 2xscoops of whey protein

Meal 3
- 170g tin of Tuna with half an avocado

Meal 4
- 170g tin of Tuna with half an avocado

Meal 5
- 2xscoops of whey protein
Meal 6
- grilled salmon
- plate of green vege steamed

In terms of workout, alot of volume
Monday; barbell flat bench, barbell incline bench, db flat press, db incline press, db flat flys, db incline flys, cable flys, decline press (smith), skullcrushers, tricep pushdowns, 30min cardio

Tuesday; deadlift, lat pull down, bent over row, BW pull up, bicep curls, 30 min cardio

Wednesday; squats, leg press, leg curl, leg extension, calf raises, lunges, 30 min cardio

Thursday; arnold press, shoulder press, front raises, side raises, rear delt flys, overhead press

Saturday; a bit of everything thru the week, mainly bench press, bent over rows, deadlifts,squats, shoulder press

Sunday; same as saturday

For the two weekend workouts i dont really push the weight, up to say 50-60% of what I do during the week.

Current stats are 120kg bench, 220kg deadlift, 140kg squat (1RM) @ 92kg for the fcuking past 2 months now!

Workout remains the same however I have started doing IF, and cut carbs down to around 70-90g per day, still no weight loss.

Diet was this;

Finish eating meal around 9pm. Break the fast at 12-1pm and eat;

1pm - Half a roast chicken, no stuffing/skin with half an avo

3pm 2 x scoops of whey protei with coffee

830pm - 2 scoops of whey protein

9pm - Other half of roast chicken, no stuffing or skin

930pm - grilled salmon and plate of green vege.

^^ Still no weight loss after 2 weeks

Last week I started calories at 1800, unfortuantely this week I have caught the cold and diet is out of check so cannot report back on the weightloss....

Last edited:
Do you want to lose weight, as in get lighter?? (you keep saying weight loss)

Or do you want to lose body fat??

Two very different things. Most people say they want to lose weight when all they really want to do is lose fat:)

If you arn't gaining weight and lifting heavy, wouldn't it be safe to say you are losing fat?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I can see my stomach slowly getitng more tone, but like i said above its more of a motivationg thing seeing the numbers go down, as well as tracking...

If you are lifting, you should really not be getting any lighter, unless you were very fat to start with.

Hey Oni, thanks for the feeedback. Im a quite but big fan of your logs!

For the past 7 week period, for the first 4 weeks I was doing 2240 calories; 92kg, aim to lose fat. My diet consisted of this;

Meal 1
-1/3cup of oats
- small servign of freshly cut fruit
- 2 tablespoons of natural greek yoghurt
- all this blended

There is the first problem right there mate.
You're starting the day off by spiking your insulin with simply sugars and keeping them spiked with slow digesting carbs. Insulin will prevent lipolysis and you're levels will be fairly moderate for the entire day. The relationship between insulin levels and fat breakdown is not a straight line. Instead it’s a steep curve, which means that fat release plummets with just a modest rise in insulin such as those stimulated by most sports beverages. Looking at it from another perspective, near the bottom on the blood insulin range, just small decreases in insulin translate into large increases in fat breakdown and fat oxidation. [Insulin regulation of lipolysis in nondiabetic and IDDM subjects]

Remove carbohydrates entirely for 4 weeks. Eat lots of eggs (high in leucine and glutamine peptides) to keep your glycogen full. Cook them in butter or animal fats to blunt the insulin release. Eating them with bacon also works well I guess!.

Saying you're 90kg for easy maths, you're going to be looking at 200g of fats a day and 400g of protein. With common foods this amounts to:

Wings: 1.25kg a day
Regular mince: 1kg
Lamb: 1.2kg

Look these up so that you know how much protein this is (I can't be fucked) then set up your shakes through the day so that you're meeting the right amount. If you're finding you're hungry eat this after a few weeks then switch to a slightly leaner cut of meat and simply eat more, making sure to decrease the shakes through the day to match the protein. Reassess how much to eat every 5kg lost

1kg of regular mince is 2170 cals. 170g fat and 200g protein alone... if i was to hit 200g fat and 400g protein per day. I be at a very high.amount of cals... r u saying dont worry boit the cals in vs cals out. Its all aboit the macros?

1kg of regular mince is 2170 cals. 170g fat and 200g protein alone... if i was to hit 200g fat and 400g protein per day. I be at a very high.amount of cals... r u saying dont worry boit the cals in vs cals out. Its all aboit the macros?

Calories are the most important thing. You're ~90kg with heavy training you're going to need at least 2400kcal minimum. But with the extra calories, you'll be able to train harder.
When in doubt, increase calories and train harder. This cranks your metabolic rate up really high and you'll look better for it. Starve yourself and you can't train hard, the metabolism slows down and you end up looking and feeling like shit