• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Low Carb Chicken Rogan Josh

Little meat? You cook 2kg at a time for a reason.
What's hard work about putting it in your mouth, clamping your teeth down and stripping the bone out?
Do I seriously need to make a video tutorial on how to eat?

Little meat? You cook 2kg at a time for a reason.
What's hard work about putting it in your mouth, clamping your teeth down and stripping the bone out?
Do I seriously need to make a video tutorial on how to eat?

Give it a crack

love wings, 0ni's right you just suck them down dont fuck around with them. personally in curries i prefer to use thighs and drums though but any part of the chicken works well

I prefer drum sticks myself, both wings and drum sticks are $4 per kilo at my local deli, so the drum sticks seem like a better deal to me and I prefer the taste.

Buy a slow cooker [MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]; if you like curries you'll never cook them any other way

Buy a slow cooker [MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]; if you like curries you'll never cook them any other way

Agree. Slow cooker is the shit for that sort of stuff. I found a massive one so I can cook shit loads at once and freeze it for later.

WTF guys, I'm with 0ni...Wings shit all over drums any day of the week...maybe that's cos I'm Asian?

I already have a slow cooker
Tajine is vastly superior for curries- you're not stewing it, you're marinading it then cooking

I already have a slow cooker
Tajine is vastly superior for curries- you're not stewing it, you're marinading it then cooking

Oni, With your chicken wings, Do you eat the meat/skin then re weight the bones and subtract from the total weight?

Its always wigged me out, Even with chicken legs, All macros are without the bone. so when they say 100g of chicken wings or legs, Thats meat and skin without bones.

Like 2kg of wings says 322 g of protein, but that is meat only... more then half the weight is actually bone.

2kg of chicken thigh meat is 350g protein. But that's meat only

Thus, I find it hard to understand how 2kg of chicken wings can have close to the same amount of protein, Yet half the weight is bones....

Oni, With your chicken wings, Do you eat the meat/skin then re weight the bones and subtract from the total weight?

Its always wigged me out, Even with chicken legs, All macros are without the bone. so when they say 100g of chicken wings or legs, Thats meat and skin without bones.

Like 2kg of wings says 322 g of protein, but that is meat only... more then half the weight is actually bone.

2kg of chicken thigh meat is 350g protein. But that's meat only

Thus, I find it hard to understand how 2kg of chicken wings can have close to the same amount of protein, Yet half the weight is bones....

That's not right. Bone doesn't weight that much at all. My skeleton weighs 2.6kg according to my last DEXA.

2kg of wings, meat only, is on average 374g of protein.
2kg of wings, meat+bones+skin, is on average 322g of protein.

According to calorieking, in a medium wing (80g), 27g is skin and bones, ie only 30%, and part of that is skin.

That's not right. Bone doesn't weight that much at all. My skeleton weighs 2.6kg according to my last DEXA.

2kg of wings, meat only, is on average 374g of protein.
2kg of wings, meat+bones+skin, is on average 322g of protein.

According to calorieking, in a medium wing (80g), 27g is skin and bones, ie only 30%, and part of that is skin.

States meduim wing is 80g, and without bone is 46g. So 34g is bone weight.

so 2kg wings, at 34% makes bone weight 680g.

Thats mean is 2kg of wings with bones your over calculating protein by 109.48 grams per 2kg.

You cant possibly say that 2kg of wings with bones has nearly the same amount of protein as 2kg of boneless chicken thighs.

I emailed calorie king, Macros are based on only the edible portion. So 100g of chicken wings is meat and skin only, You need to re wight the bones and subtract form the total.

I get my info from nutritiondata.self.com. When you list it as per 100g, and specify that you're after the chicken wing, raw and unprepared it lists the correct macros. You can specify bone removed and also without the skin. TBH though, you should stop worrying about pointless, trivial shit like this.
To put this to rest, I just went through my trash and found the largest of the main two bones in a chicken wing and it weighed between 5-6g. My wings are roughly 110g a piece.

I eat many of the small bones anyway, they are good for you, generally eat the whole thing and I'll drink the left over fat after as well

Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Chicken, broilers or fryers, wing, meat and skin, raw

I get my info from nutritiondata.self.com. When you list it as per 100g, and specify that you're after the chicken wing, raw and unprepared it lists the correct macros. You can specify bone removed and also without the skin. TBH though, you should stop worrying about pointless, trivial shit like this.
To put this to rest, I just went through my trash and found the largest of the main two bones in a chicken wing and it weighed between 5-6g. My wings are roughly 110g a piece.

I eat many of the small bones anyway, they are good for you, generally eat the whole thing and I'll drink the left over fat after as well

Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Chicken, broilers or fryers, wing, meat and skin, raw

I agree on not worrying about the little shit, BUT.... if im going out of my way to fuck around counting cals and what not, then id rather do it right.

I just dont get how 2kg of chicken wings can have close to the protein of 2kg of bonless meat.

I will buy 2 kg on wings, and strip all the meat of the bones and weight each part. Just so i can sleep well at night.

i LOVE wings, i just refuse to eat them much because i cant log them accurately

I agree on not worrying about the little shit, BUT.... if im going out of my way to fuck around counting cals and what not, then id rather do it right.

I just dont get how 2kg of chicken wings can have close to the protein of 2kg of bonless meat.

I will buy 2 kg on wings, and strip all the meat of the bones and weight each part. Just so i can sleep well at night.

i LOVE wings, i just refuse to eat them much because i cant log them accurately

Holy fucking shit, you're focusing on all the wrong details. A wing has 6g of bones MAX. 110g a wing, that's 9 wings in a kilo and 5% of the total weight. It's so fucking pointless, I am legitimately angry. 5% of 180g is 9g. NINE FUCKING GRAMS. Just swallow your boyfriend's semen instead of spitting next time if 9 grams of protein is that much of an issue

Fuck wings anyway. Real men eat steak.

Yep nutritionally it's a lot better for you. At the moment though it's all I can afford.

Eggs
Beef
Other red meat
Chicken
Seafood

In that order. I'm thinking about ditching protein shakes for egg whites. I need to run some numbers and see how I can reduce my food bill and spending.