• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
How far do you folk travel to train? What in your opinions is too far?

Your married with kids right? Gets tense at home when your gone 3 nights a week worse if your out all night cause you track an hour each way.

Do yourself a favour and buy squat stands and a decent bar and bumper set

Your married with kids right? Gets tense at home when your gone 3 nights a week worse if your out all night cause you track an hour each way.

Do yourself a favour and buy squat stands and a decent bar and bumper set

I'm looking at that, I'd still do some work with coach though..

Only problem is I don't have room under the house for over head work, I guess I could set up in the driveway, so long as the neighbours don't mind seeing me jerk

The gym I go to is 3 minutes away. That's probably as far as I am willing to drive now for a workout, until I get my own setup one day (a wetdream of mine)

Ive done enough travel to gyms for a lifetime! Happy to train at home or the occasional session at Ptc pre comp time.
I have been considering joining the 24/7 at my work for PM cardio sessions theres no extra travel in that :)

I'm not willing to travel anywhere further than my suburb. I have my own stuff at home which I do occasionally but I'm also a member of the local gym because the price was too good to refuse.

Hard to beat training at home, but used to travel 5-10 minutes in the past to local gym.

I think you also need to consider what you are training. If you are just pushing weight around, sure train at home or the closest gym. If you are training for a specific sport that is technical then training where a quality coach is will be worth the trip IMO.

You also need to consider your goals. You probably know enough now that you can get by training at home with the odd coached session when you have time, but will this be in line with your goals?

Travel is the best way to learn new things in the world. I am also a big lover of it. It is my passionate hobby. Through traveling, We get lots of information about different things.