• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Incline bench

Here is an idea
Why not develop all your muscles and spend time training them all instead of pontificating about it online?

OK
Lets settle this.
Cieri/Sarychev are elite level athletes developed using the Russian conjugate system.
Saying "these elite lifters do this" is fucking stupid as you're NOT an elite lifter and didn't follow the same path as them. Why would you do what Sarychev did when you ignore everything he did before then?

When they were kids, they did as many sports as possible including gymnastics to develop a good all round base and get the body used to moving in every direction. They did not practice their sport at all.
Eventually they would start to learn their sport but never max out, it would be technique, technique, technique with lots of other special exericises that they were well versed in to bring up their strength and muscle mass. There are some awesome videos of Klokov competing at age 14 I think.

Going over to Sheiko, he states at this age of 13-15 years old their planning would look something like this where they are starting to emphasize the power lifts a little more. This is a large training volume session and a great example. Note this is reps*sets
Incline bench press (35-45 degrees): 6x1, add 10kg, 5x2, add 5kg, 5x5
High bar weightlifting style squats: 6x1, add 10kg, 5x2, add 10kg, 5x4
Wide grip push-ups: 8x5
Triceps: 10x5
Hyperextensions: 10x5
Sports: 30 minutes

This would follow in a similar fashion until the athlete got to about the age of 18. Yup. That's the first 5 years of training doing pretty much everything from every angle to build your body and get as much out of your beginner neural plasticity as possible? Are you in your first 5 years of training? You should certainly be doing this type of training to some extent. De-emphasize the main lifts until you're close to competition and work on many other things.

After they are 18 or so they would start the rated Sheiko routines we all know and love. Lets have a look at them now. The following is a sample day from one of the lower volumes of training, which an athlete would start on. You'll notice that there is more emphasis on the competition lifts and volume starts to build up but there are still plenty of developmental exercises.
Deadlift up to knees, then finish: up to 75% for 4 sets of 3
Incline bench press: 6 sets of 4
Dips: 5 sets of 5
Deadlift from boxes: up to 4 sets of 2
Lunges: 6 sets of 5
Abs: 3 sets of 10

Now lets look at a higher volume cycle, which an older lifter nearing 2-4 years of this dedicated training would do:
Deadlift: up to 5 sets of 3
Bench: Giant ass ladder that looks painful as fuck
Dumbbell flies: 5x10 (to stretch out the pecs and get blood into them mainly)
Deadlift from boxes: up to 4 sets of 2 at 90%

See the difference? Much more specific, more focus on recovery and the weights are being ramped up higher.

Now an elite lifter at the top of his game looks very much the same as this, but more volume, higher frequency and assistance is based on individual needs. YOU WILL KNOW what these are when you're totalling elite. REAL elite not these shitty tables you see online. Competitive at international IPF elite. Not GPC worlds or GPA worlds or anything like that (where Australia's NATIONALS are more competitive lol) REAL elite. Look at the table below, if you're CMS or below (about a 400 wilks) then you really should focus mainly on doing lots of other shit really. That's a REAL 400 wilks as well, no wraps on the squat and no 24h weigh in. I don't have anything against these but lets get real- that will add at 50 wilks points minimum so don't fucking kid yourself

classification%20chart.jpg

[Development of the Russian Conjugate System - Tom Myslinski]
[Sheiko]

We love to put these blokes on a pedestal, it tickles me to see young bucks, get all excited about how good a system is and using the "elite" as examples, without too much thought about what got that "elite" to this point, or why and how.

Exactly Gooby, exactly. I was caught up in that trap as well for a long time. Well not long really just the first 2 years of my training. In the third now so not much catching up to do. Plus, by the Russian standards above and a psuedo raw total of 530kg (180, 105, 245 no wraps) in the 67.5kg class, I am doing all fucking right. Even in the 75 class I am not doing too bad for my training age I guess. Gives me hope that applying all this will make progress even greater in the next 5 years