• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodyweight Squat For Reps

Is the challenge bodyweight plus the bar or including the bar? I read it as plus, cos it says "on the bar" but some squat bars are 25kg no?

Got shocking ankle flexibility in my right ankle and it's causing a few other issues. Seeing a bloke that works with a afl club and he told me I could do that stretch but its unlikely to do anything, for me anyway.

Would be interested to know what he gives you to do then

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Well gave the challenge ago this morning, weighed in at 99.9kg before leaving home, did my warm up for squats and then put the 80 onto the bar.

GOT OUT 15 reps.

I think 20 - 25 is well I reach if I had of trained at my usual time of midday, as I was fasted and not used to pre work workouts, also I did a 30km mountain bike on Saturday when it was close to 40deg and was feeling pretty tight in the hams and lower back before starting, so everything considered it wasn't too bad and have much improvement in me...

I think doing 20 squats of my own bodyweight is now a new goal before the year is out. Currently i am squatting 60 kilos for 24 reps (3x8), i weigh about 145 at the moment, hope to get down to 130 before the end of march. Increasing my squat weight by 10 kilos a week... it will be interesting.

I've done 20x my bodyweight (120kg) before and it was bloody hard, but more of a mind over matter thing than physical.

Well gave the challenge ago this morning, weighed in at 99.9kg before leaving home, did my warm up for squats and then put the 80 onto the bar.

GOT OUT 15 reps.

I think 20 - 25 is well I reach if I had of trained at my usual time of midday, as I was fasted and not used to pre work workouts, also I did a 30km mountain bike on Saturday when it was close to 40deg and was feeling pretty tight in the hams and lower back before starting, so everything considered it wasn't too bad and have much improvement in me...

Well done mate!

I read it as my BW total on the bar. If I have to lift it against gravity it counts as weight lifted :)

yes, well done guys.

I did 4 reps front squat with bw on saturday, will post something when back to 20.

Well done mate!

I read it as my BW total on the bar. If I have to lift it against gravity it counts as weight lifted :)

OK, not sure now, perhaps it was BW on the bar, either way I think I have a bit of improvement in me when I train at my normal time and don't go riding mountain bikes in close to 40deg heat the weekend before ....

Not for the challenge but I told my BIL about it. He weighs 58kg (1rm is 120kg no wraps). He did 60kgx40 today. No vid sorry. He is also a mountain biker so has a bit of stamina.

Weighed in at 68.5kg this morning, so I squatted 68.5kg. Got to 30 reps and was physically good for more, but stopped caring and re-racked.

>belt
fucking gear whores

How did low bar feel? I decided against it and did it high bar

Spartacus please don't start a sentence with "but" when the post you were replying to had several conclusions

>belt
fucking gear whores

How did low bar feel? I decided against it and did it high bar

Belt was relatively loose, so I'm not sure how much it assisted, but there's no rule against it, so why not use it?

My shoulders were giving me a lot of grief with low bar last year, so I haven't really trained it at all this year. First low bar session was last week. The recorded set, and the 2 sets at 90kg I did afterwards felt pretty good. Shoulders were certainly fine, so I'm happy with that. Warming up felt awkward, though.

Belt was relatively loose, so I'm not sure how much it assisted, but there's no rule against it, so why not use it?

My shoulders were giving me a lot of grief with low bar last year, so I haven't really trained it at all this year. First low bar session was last week. The recorded set, and the 2 sets at 90kg I did afterwards felt pretty good. Shoulders were certainly fine, so I'm happy with that. Warming up felt awkward, though.

haha, I'm just kidding about the belt man
I tried repping with low bar before and it kept slipping as I got tired, so I chose high bar. I'll give this another shot tomorrow and see how my hip mobility is. Some days I can't break depth with less than 120kg on low bar unfortunately

yes, he noted a few days earlier how quick you recover, so again Oni was putting his learned knowledge into practice.

But for me, reps are virtually non-stop.

Sorry about the use of 'but' Oni.

I do as many as I can non stop. You get to the point where the lungs need a chance to catch up and I want to go to muscular failure. By the end, doing triples, doubles and singles is perfectly acceptable IMO. Set ends when the bar is racked.

If people are taking 5mins to do 20reps for example, there is too much rest. I did my 165rep set at 60kg in spot on 9mins. Average of about 3.1 seconds per squat.

The BW set was about 2.8 seconds per squat I think.

No, your set was awesome.

Just having a dig at Oni with his several 5 second pauses.

Anything over 50 reps, to me, is outstanding.

I will be happy getting back to 20 at 90kg.

Last edited: