• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodyweight Squat For Reps

Just bumping this. One of my clients did a squat challenge last week. She weighs 65kg and squatted 70kg for 51 reps. So proud! Waiting to see if she got a vid but she videos most stuff so probably did. WIll update.

Last edited:
Just bumping this. One of my clients did a squat challenge last week. She weighs 65kg and squatted 70kg for 51 reps. So proud! Waiting to see if she got a vid but she videos most stuff so probably did. WIll update.

Pretty crazy. Thats a hefty resistance to pain.
Was/is she a distance runner?

Tim.

Correction, 62kg.

Current 1rm is 110kg (no wraps or sleeves) and only just started using a belt. That was a while ago though. Since she isn't actually competing in powerlifting won't be testing unless she actually wants to.

But she excels at reps and grinding them out. Been on 5/3/1 for 5 months, after running some linear progression stuff before that. Got 97.5kgx8 last week.

She does KB stuff for conditioning and despises endurance type cardio haha.

I just did this again yesterday since I am unable to squat heavy at the moment. Did 85kg at 84kg BW for 55 reps again. This time high bar and no belt. Didn't take a vid as I was only expecting about 40. Will be doing this weekly. Quest for 100!

Body weight (rounded up) on the bar squats is something I do as part of my regular training. If I have an off week or between routines I'll put 80kg on the bar (I usually weigh around 75) and do as many as a I can for 3 sets. Most of the time I do sets of 30, 20, 10. I'll also do 2 sets of 22 reps of the same weight when doing light rep work as part of my normal workout plan.

I have no doubt my weekly Body Pump class has helped. During the class I'll do 50kg for 100 reps once a week.

I found that high rep and high weight training doesn't really help each other out. Just because you can squat heavy doesn't mean you'll be good at high reps and vice versa.

Purchased a power rack today. Need to wait for delivery. Ribs are mending from a skateboard injury at the moment anyway. Will finally be able to give this a crack safely.

Cheap force rack from ebay. Need to downsize current equipment and this came up cheap as chips. $389 delivered WITH hi low pulley. Safetys rated to 150 and cable to 80. Plenty for me for at least the next 2 years.