• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Recommend me some good recipes with Chick Breasts

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
I am after some bullshit good recipes involving the use of chicken breasts.

Basically, I am starting to get sick of poaching and then serving them alongside vegies/salad even though it's the most tender method I know of preparing them. Are there any other ways of cooking them that will by no means produce a dry, flavourless result?

If so please share. :)

Piri piri spice
Then on to the webber

eat in Salad

I have cottage cheese in the salad so that kind of prevents anything from being dry.

Use something like the following, Morrocan spice, Cajun spice with additional cayenne pepper, stir fries are great is you make from scratch like thai stir fries as i find they would less calorie dense, Ceasar salad with eggs and low fat dressing. Lemon pepper seasoning is also great on chicken.

Chicken Boscaiola

Ingredients:
Chicken breasts
Bacon
Mushrooms
Fresh chives
Cream
Parmesan Cheese
Paprika
Garlic
Olive Oil
Butter
White wine (optional)
Cornflour (optional, thicker sauce)

Generously coat chicken breast(s) in olive oil and paprika, season with salt to taste, roast in 180C oven for 35-40min.

Meanwhile prepare sauce:
Dice bacon (1/2 rasher per chicken breast), throw into cold pan and gently cook until it starts to turn deliciously golden.

Add some butter + olive oil, throw in sliced mushrooms and garlic, gently saute for 5-10min. Throw in a dash or three of white wine and 1/2 tsp cornflour for a thicker sauce, let the liquid thin down, add cream, parmesan and chives, heat for 1 min and serve with green veggies of your choice.

I prefer the drumstick

If you're not afraid of a little fat then braised drumsticks are the tastiest and juiciest chicken you'll ever eat.

Drumsticks x whatever
Diced carrot
Diced zuchini
Diced potato
Diced whatever vegetables you want (root vegetables work best)
Tomato paste
Chicken stock
Fresh or dried herbs

Seal and brown drumstick, place in baking dish with lid, add vegetables stock, paste and herbs to a seperate pot bring to boil, add to baking dish. Season and bake covered at like 180 or something for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Larger breasts take longer.

If you're not afraid of a little fat then braised drumsticks are the tastiest and juiciest chicken you'll ever eat.

Drumsticks x whatever
Diced carrot
Diced zuchini
Diced potato
Diced whatever vegetables you want (root vegetables work best)
Tomato paste
Chicken stock
Fresh or dried herbs

Seal and brown drumstick, place in baking dish with lid, add vegetables stock, paste and herbs to a seperate pot bring to boil, add to baking dish. Season and bake covered at like 180 or something for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Larger breasts take longer.

noice

Some great ideas here, thanks I have a few kilos of chick breasts in my freezer at the moment so plenty of opportunities to try them out as I bulk cook meals.

Some great ideas here, thanks I have a few kilos of chick breasts in my freezer at the moment so plenty of opportunities to try them out as I bulk cook meals.

Throw that frozen shit away and buy fresh (after freezing, the result will be dryer and bland).

I usually dont like spending too much time cooking.

My go to fast meal with chicken is to quickly marinade the stuff with lemon juice, lime juice, garlic, and a good soy sauce. Leave as long as you can(I generally go have a shower or whatever - or if I remember, I marinade it over night! ). Then cook it how you like. Bake or fry pan. Easy as. I generally slice it all up first for the fry pan.

One of the easiest and tastiest ways to cook it up.

Tim.

my go to is soy sauce, splash of evoo, chilli flakes, mixed herbs and pepper.. recently started serving it with bacon and cheese on top for all sorts of happy feelings.

Here are a few of my favorites,

sprinkle your choice of spice over chicken breast, Bash it till about 1cm thick then coat in a tiny bit of flour and pan fry it with 1tbs of oil.

This will be cooked very quick, say 10 min tops and so juicy.

Brined chicken breast then onto the Weber... Speaks for it self

Brined then Smoked for 4 hours +

cubed then make curry

cut in half, stuff with feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes and then foil and bake

Apricot chicken

Chicken thighs rolled with sun dry tomatoes and procuttio, BBQ ed then served with a white bean sauce

Thats my list for chicken really, the odd Google recipe here or there

I also hate cooking.

I do chicken breast with seasonall original spices on top in the oven for 45 minutes. Shred it and mix it in with rice.

Marinate overnight with tandoori paste + yoghurt mix.
Oven grill. Not too long as it will dry out.
Serve with yoghurt, mint and lemon. Have with rice or veggies, depending on your needs.

You can make your own tandoori paste pretty cheap - the only real exotic ingredient is tandoori colouring, which you can buy at Indian grocers. Or buy the Pataks stuff, which is fairly natural from memory. Either way.

If you make in large batches, you can easily turn to butter chicken curry (proper butter chicken), which is just tandoori plus plus makhani sauce (butter and tomato emulsion with spices).