• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

1 Week shred - Water weight - definition

Angus

Hi All,

I'm a new member here, have read some good articles, and finally decided to become a member....because I searched for something quite specific endlessly and couldn't quite find an answer!

Short breif; I've been doing a '12 Week Challange' with a local gym. Final weigh in , measurements, and photos are next weekend ( 7 Days away).

My diet has been pretty good, getting all the numbers for Kj/protein/Carbs/fats, for the past 11 weeks, eating 6 meals a day, all the good stuff...oh, and lifting weights 3 days/wk + 1 PT session usually cardio/weights.

I'm happy with progress, it's just the for the last week I want to shed any "water weight", and increase muscle definition, yet don't wan't any catabolic effects, or sacrifice of muscle....

At the last weigh in (8 weeks in) this is how i was tracking:
Start Weight: 72.0kg, @ 8 Weeks: 76.2kg
Start Body Fat 12.6%, @ 8 Weeks: 9.4%

Current plan for the last week at the moment (as suggested by the PT): Live on chicken breast, protein shakes, 4 bean mix. Eggs for breakfast, minimal carbs, banana a day, maybe some youghut at night. He said "no veggies, no sweet potato - they have too much water". "the water in your pre-workout & protein shakes, and a coffee through the day should be enough, then just a sip of water every half an hour, to keep you upright". Last workout to be Wednesday arvo, then carb load back up Wed night and Thurs AM. Little, to no water at all from Friday AM (photos are Sat AM),

Any help with the final week workout & diet/water intake...(down to each day if possible) would be great, especially from someone who has done a similar cut for a comp or the like...

Hopefully your answers don't confuse me more....!

I wouldn't worry too much. Get a herbal diuretic and drop carbs 3 days out.
You can carb load an hour before posing but wouldn't worry about getting too technical, not like its a "real" comp or anything.

Yea, not a "real" comp, but previous prizes have been $2.5k cash, round the world air fares... so not bad prizes.

Judging is pretty much on the before and after photos and they've said "definition and abs" are what they look for.

Get a herbal diuretic and drop carbs 3 days out.

Herbal diuretic, for the next 7 days you're saying? Would a normal supplement store have this?

... so the water?? Just drink normal water, 2-3L a day, then stop/minimal 24hrs out,??

Yea, not a "real" comp, but previous prizes have been $2.5k cash, round the world air fares... so not bad prizes.

Judging is pretty much on the before and after photos and they've said "definition and abs" are what they look for.

Herbal diuretic, for the next 7 days you're saying? Would a normal supplement store have this?

... so the water?? Just drink normal water, 2-3L a day, then stop/minimal 24hrs out,??
yeas a herbal one but not for 7 days. usually 3 days out or before sphoto shoot..and yes drink heaps of water...Always drink water.
eBay has some good herbal diuretics for around $30.

Just a heads up, the diuretics will send your kidney function through the roof, but once you get off them it will go back normal. This is something to think about if you already have a pre existing kidney condition. Also I would go with a moderate carb refeed if you're completely depleted and assuming you're natty you will end up looking stringy. If you do a moderate refeed it will help with your muscle fullness and thus your level of conditioning will be more obvious

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2