• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bulk Powders feedback?

docmattic

Hey Guys,

Just looking for some feedback on bulk powders, Particularly their WPC and BCAA flavours.

Whats the Best BCAA (2:1) flavor? I like the sound of Lemon lime and Apple.

I'm also interested in their Honeycomb WPC. Has anyone here tried it?

Unfortunatly I couldnt find many reviews so Im keen to here some thoughts.

Out of all the "No Name" supp companies.

Bulk powders for me have by far the best taste. I have been using Protein, BCAA's and anything else you can mention from them for a couple of years now.

never any issues and the tatse makes up for the slightly higher price compared to the other companies.

I get the Orange BCAA's nearly tastes as good as Xtend Orange dream.

The protein flavours are all good, but i mainly get the Choc and Banana flavours.

Thanks guys thats good to know.

One last question,
How do these guys compare on the protein percentage tests ive been reading about in other topics? Has any testing been done on these guys.

You could always ask for a sample then obtain a test kit from BN and test yourself.

Thanks guys thats good to know.

One last question,
How do these guys compare on the protein percentage tests ive been reading about in other topics? Has any testing been done on these guys.

Be veryyyyy interested to know this too, as out kf all the aussie brands they taste the best

As far as I know I'm the only one that's tested it. Came out a bit purple/brown.

Honeycomb WPC is GTG.

Did anybody ever test Bulkpowders WPI? They currently have 20% off, wouldn't mind taking advantage of this and trying out the honeycomb flavour.

Did anybody ever test Bulkpowders WPI? They currently have 20% off, wouldn't mind taking advantage of this and trying out the honeycomb flavour.

not sure but they (Bulk Powders) were very aware of Protein Wars and were prepared to have one of their products tested when asked/challenged.

Big www.bulkpowders.com.au fan, rate their gear highly and comparable to any major brand and I make this statement with 12 years and ongoing of supplement abuse. :p

A few weeks back I exchanged emails with them regarding the “protein wars” on here, basically they didn’t want to get involved in the school yard politics and personally I respect that. But they did point out some really interesting facts about the test results that have been passed around.

Big www.bulkpowders.com.au fan, rate their gear highly and comparable to any major brand and I make this statement with 12 years and ongoing of supplement abuse. :p

A few weeks back I exchanged emails with them regarding the “protein wars” on here, basically they didn’t want to get involved in the school yard politics and personally I respect that. But they did point out some really interesting facts about the test results that have been passed around.

I called Bulk Powders out via email over the price of one of their products and my suspicions as to its quality. They said they were well aware of Protein Wars and weren't afraid to have "said product" tested.

Like to hear your story regarding what they (Bulk Powders) told you. Personally, I wouldn't trust Gary Vella/Mumma Vella/Protein n More/Nutrition Science, if you're defending them.

It was email correspondence , but the interesting part was they attached the protein supplier’s batch tests for WPI Fonterra and pointed out there is 2 results for the protein test “dry” and “as is” and then explained the difference.

A “dry” test is done by removing the moisture and it will produce a higher protein test result, where the “as is” test will produce results 4-6% lower due to the moisture weight.

Apparently a customer sent them results that were 4-6% under the label protein statement demanding a refund, they asked if the test was done on “dry” and “as is”, customer didn't know. They asked the customer who, what lab did it and paid for the test and to confirm how the test was done, in the end the customer came back and apologised for over reacting.

It was email correspondence , but the interesting part was they attached the protein supplier’s batch tests for WPI Fonterra and pointed out there is 2 results for the protein test “dry” and “as is” and then explained the difference.

A “dry” test is done by removing the moisture and it will produce a higher protein test result, where the “as is” test will produce results 4-6% lower due to the moisture weight.

Apparently a customer sent them results that were 4-6% under the label protein statement demanding a refund, they asked if the test was done on “dry” and “as is”, customer didn't know. They asked the customer who, what lab did it and paid for the test and to confirm how the test was done, in the end the customer came back and apologised for over reacting.

Mate 4-6% doesn't mean much. No Bull's protein came in under 50%, some under 40% (supplied by Protein n More or is that Protein No More). There has also been internet sold protein coming in woefully under spec, a lot more than 4-6%.

The protein wars were fought on more than 4-6% protein difference, something like 25% protein content for a product supposed to contain 90-95%.

Bulk Powders was more pointing out that test have been carried out not only on their protein but most likely others on a "as is" result, where the company who's running the test and paying for the testing are testing their own protein on a "dry" to make it look much better, if results are 25-50% out then they speak form themselves, but still "dry" v's "as is" would belittle some of the biggest US brands not just Bulk Powders.

I also asked about why their protein was a little more expensive than the other bulk supplier, apparently the flavouring is 4-5 times more expensive than the protein it self, they make their own custom flavours and they have a higher flavour % hence the cost difference, but also explains why the protein taste awesome (IMO).

Any who, i found it interesting and who the hell is gary vella never seen that brand before.

Last edited:
Any who, i found it interesting and who the hell is gary vella never seen that brand before.

mate, your posts are indicating you know very little about "Protein Wars". Lets leave it there.