• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bulk Powders feedback?

It was email correspondence , but the interesting part was they attached the protein supplier’s batch tests for WPI Fonterra and pointed out there is 2 results for the protein test “dry” and “as is” and then explained the difference.

A “dry” test is done by removing the moisture and it will produce a higher protein test result, where the “as is” test will produce results 4-6% lower due to the moisture weight.

Apparently a customer sent them results that were 4-6% under the label protein statement demanding a refund, they asked if the test was done on “dry” and “as is”, customer didn't know. They asked the customer who, what lab did it and paid for the test and to confirm how the test was done, in the end the customer came back and apologised for over reacting.

mate, just reviewing this post again. If Bulk Powders claim to know about "Protein Wars" which you say they told you and I know they also told me, why did they tell you all this stuff above which is totally irrelevant to "Protein Wars".

Sorry to bring it up again, but this is ringing alarm bells in my mind with regard to Bulk Powders now. Its sounds like they are trying to confuse the issue.

Who knows, but does it all not fall under the same flag of protein testing = war, is there ever a winner in a war....!

I believe Bulk Powders knew all along what was going on but didn't want to get involved, who knows how many of their customers have received results, that are misleading in some form due to the lack of education on this topic. (I've commented on this in the past)

My understanding is one supplier is offering to test the protein powders purchased from other labels / suppliers. Once a test is done the person who supplied the sample receives the results. Now some labels have failed massively and other are been belittled by it.

All these test have been carried out on an "as is" therefore every single protein product worldwide will fail by a minimum of 4-6% due to moisture, as its apparently industry standard across the board to state on labels "dry" protein results.

Yet the one company who's paying for the show, has the highest results, hmmmm........ and why are the results higher, it not because of minimal added flavour or sweetener it because they are testing their own products on a "dry" result.

That's my understanding of it all so maybe the term "Protein Peace" is more equipped in referencing Bulk Powders.

Who knows, but does it all not fall under the same flag of protein testing = war, is there ever a winner in a war....!

I believe Bulk Powders knew all along what was going on but didn't want to get involved, who knows how many of their customers have received results, that are misleading in some form due to the lack of education on this topic. (I've commented on this in the past)

My understanding is one supplier is offering to test the protein powders purchased from other labels / suppliers. Once a test is done the person who supplied the sample receives the results. Now some labels have failed massively and other are been belittled by it.

All these test have been carried out on an "as is" therefore every single protein product worldwide will fail by a minimum of 4-6% due to moisture, as its apparently industry standard across the board to state on labels "dry" protein results.

Yet the one company who's paying for the show, has the highest results, hmmmm........ and why are the results higher, it not because of minimal added flavour or sweetener it because they are testing their own products on a "dry" result.

That's my understanding of it all so maybe the term "Protein Peace" is more equipped in referencing Bulk Powders.

Let the pissing war begin.

Firstly, when some protein comes in at less than 50% (some less than 30%) and this is WPI which should be around 90%, the dry or as is basis means Jackie Shite as its only 4-6% difference.

Secondly, when Protein Wars started No Bull came in here and started saying all this same guff about dry basis versus as is, they were full of shit, both here and elsewhere. This tactic is the same tactic that your friends Bulk Powders are now using to confuse the real issue. No Bull's protein was massively cut (some protein less than 30% protein content), no I'm wondering if Bulk Powders have something to hide by trying to confuse the issue.

Thirdly, I notice a lot of your posts in other threads reference Bulk Powders. Are you associated with Bulk Powders?
@Shrek ;)

Last edited:
mate, just reviewing this post again. If Bulk Powders claim to know about "Protein Wars" which you say they told you and I know they also told me, why did they tell you all this stuff above which is totally irrelevant to "Protein Wars".

Sorry to bring it up again, but this is ringing alarm bells in my mind with regard to Bulk Powders now. Its sounds like they are trying to confuse the issue.

Dude you asked, you got my opinion, i agree not worth pissing on about it and apologies id the term "protein war" is a bad word.

I don't know, is he?

I'll call the Kent out and say I think he is associated with Bulk Powders. Of his 26 posts only half a dozen or so don't reference Bulk Powders.

I use a Bulk Powder's product but I now will not be buying off them again.

LOL mate you crack me up you've gone 007 on my ass, what I find amazing if the fact you point out that im a rare user (dont have the time) of this forum and I post on topics I know something about for feel i can contribute to, i dont have time to keep a training log, my wife does my food prep and I no f-all about gear.

It seems that the subject is a little sensitive for you and your being defensive on the matter and why, nothing has been said that should get your nose out of joint.

Yes im new here but do we have to pick on the kid because we have 2512 post, fuk it's like been back in year 7.

You don't like my opinion that fine, but no need for the disrespect.

LOL mate you crack me up you've gone 007 on my ass, what I find amazing if the fact you point out that im a rare user (dont have the time) of this forum and I post on topics I know something about for feel i can contribute to, i dont have time to keep a training log, my wife does my food prep and I no f-all about gear.

It seems that the subject is a little sensitive for you and your being defensive on the matter and why, nothing has been said that should get your nose out of joint.

Yes im new here but do we have to pick on the kid because we have 2512 post, fuk it's like been back in year 7.

You don't like my opinion that fine, but no need for the disrespect.

how do you explain the vast majority of your posts referencing Bulk Powders or their products?

Must be just a big bulk powders fan and love pushing their products. Nothing suss at all.

LOL :D

Strike Bulk Powders off the list. This list of reputable supplement companies is becoming very short.

Maybe unlike you i live in the now, i really don't care what topics I've contributed to and to be completely honest its besides the point of this topic, one kid ask about Bulk Powders products, next question is about testing, we'll I had something to contribute on a topic I've had direct contact with and you've done nothing much here to contribute in a positive manner other than pick on the new kid and try to unjust my option, more on.

Dude I like Bulk Powders products, I've been using then for years and rate them as good as any major brand get over it, i've had conversations with them on these questions so thought i could contribute on the topic, sorry if it a sensitive topic for you.

No wonder people come to forums but don't par-take, every one sees the stats at the bottom, guest v's members, fuk if i wanted to give an explanation for my opinion I go an have a conversation with the misses.

I'm hungry.

Maybe unlike you i live in the now, i really don't care what topics I've contributed to and to be completely honest its besides the point of this topic, one kid ask about Bulk Powders products, next question is about testing, we'll I had something to contribute on a topic I've had direct contact with and you've done nothing much here to contribute in a positive manner other than pick on the new kid and try to unjust my option, more on.

Dude I like Bulk Powders products, I've been using then for years and rate them as good as any major brand get over it, i've had conversations with them on these questions so thought i could contribute on the topic, sorry if it a sensitive topic for you.

No wonder people come to forums but don't par-take, every one sees the stats at the bottom, guest v's members, fuk if i wanted to give an explanation for my opinion I go an have a conversation with the misses.

I'm hungry.

mate, your contribution to this thread has been what appears to be Bulk Powders propaganda. Either you've been taken for a ride by Bulk Powders or you're trying to take us for a ride. I won't even go into your other threads and posts promoting Bulk Powders, their products and Facebook page etc.

Seriously LPS move on, this seems to be more about you than me, why you have your nose out of joint on the topic of Bulk Powders is beyond me and if you feel its you place on this forum to turn it into to a negative for the greater good of your own satisfaction or for others then so be. Life's complicated enough....

FYI - gym closes at 5pm on public holidays

Seriously LPS move on, this seems to be more about you than me, why you have your nose out of joint on the topic of Bulk Powders is beyond me and if you feel its you place on this forum to turn it into to a negative for the greater good of your own satisfaction or for others then so be. Life's complicated enough....

FYI - gym closes at 5pm on public holidays

its further suspicious how you can't defend yourself.

For the next 100 posts just don't promote Bulk Powders, their products or their Facebook page etc and you will have more credibility. Or become an official Bulk Powders representative or Industry Sponsor on the forum.

[MENTION=12409]L.P.S.[/MENTION];

Fat burning whey protein.......

seems no supp companies are immune to lies to try and flog product.

professional whey is where it's at anyway, the guys a legend, a small business and charges a fair price for good product.

I reckon B.p are spot on! They have awsome friday sales, good product range and good taste too, if i was gettig any aus product id buy them again fo shooo