• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Link between fatty foods and heart disease 'a myth'; fats are actually good for you s

Silverback, drawing on your last comment, what do you personally think of my current approach to keep carbs at 50% of calories, but to cut sugar to les than 10%. I am also going to make greater effort to reduce polyunsaturated fats.

What is your ideal proportion, say protein, carbs, and fat.

I do moderate cardio, say 3 x 15km rides a week, and 2-3 running or walking sessions (up to 20 minutes), along with 4-5 weights and sprint sessions per week.

As my previous day diet indicated, I had quite low carbs for breakfast, then trained, and then has a high proportion of carbs for lunch after training.

I am thinking have the bulk of my carbs prior to dinner, and less so for dinner. I am currently dropping weight down to 86-87kg (hopefully about 6% body fat), now weigh 90.5kg.

Just interested in your thoughts (and others).

I like to keep things pretty simple spart.
I eat when I feel hungry, I drink plenty of water so I don't get that confused (hunger)
I don't over eat, try to stay a little hungry all the time.
I eat what I want, when I want, most of, or the bulk of my food comes from vegetables and oats (stone ground)

I'm eating less red meat, with better results.

Minimal dairy

I take a daily recipe of antioxidant, have done for the last 20 years or so.
3times a day
Vitamin C 500 x 3
Vitamin E 400iu x 3
Beta carotene 12000 iu x 3
Selenium 17 mcg x 3
Q10 50 x 3

Vit B

But most of my food is steamed and salted vegetables
Carrot
Broccoli
Brussels sprouts
Cauliflower
Potato
Asparagus

Bucket loads, lunch and dinner.

Pizza once a week
A big t-bone and veg twice a week(the wife gets the good bit)
Spaghetti Bol once a week.

Take away on the weekend.

ok, thanks for that.

I think a lot of a good diet is common sense, eat well and sparingly, avoiding high processed foods most of the time, and you can't really go wrong.

I dont really have much vitamins, beyond one supplement for my knee (calcium, magnesium and others) to deal with my fractures (which now include a current broken collarbone).

ok, thanks for that.

I think a lot of a good diet is common sense, eat well and sparingly, avoiding high processed foods most of the time, and you can't really go wrong.

I dont really have much vitamins, beyond one supplement for my knee (calcium, magnesium and others) to deal with my fractures (which now include a current broken collarbone).

That's how I see it.