• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodybuilding mum rewarded

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
  • w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
    Pumped: Fitness Fanatics personal trainer Aylin Darjani hope to inspire other women with her bodybuilding. Picture: Gene Ramirez
  • w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
    Pumped: Fitness Fanatics personal trainer Aylin Darjani hope to inspire other women with her bodybuilding. Picture: Gene Ramirez

1. 1
  2. 2

THE promising bodybuilding career of an Eastern Creek mum of three is in good shape.
Aylin Darjani competed at the Australian figure competition at Club Marconi a week ago, where she finished runner-up in the under 163-centimetre height novice category.
It was her second competition since taking up the sport a year ago when her youngest child started school.
"I didn't expect to be placed — just to have a go was an honour," Mrs Darjani said.
"To come second at a national title blew my mind. I'd admired bodybuilding for a long time but didn't know how to get started."
It was a reward for months of hard work and exercise and a night off from her strict diet.
"I stuffed myself with pizza and cake," Mrs Darjani said. "My birthday was the day before.
"My family is superstitious about birthdays so they put a candle in a date for me because it was the only thing I could have."
She said the demands of body building were challenging, including a "zero social life".
"I have a lot of respect for bodybuilders now," she said.
"It involves a lot work, which was on top of being a working mum.
"I prepared all of my food — 42 meals a week. Every single morsel I put in my mouth has to be measured and eaten at specific times. I got up at 5am every morning to exercise."
The personal trainer hopes to be an inspiration to her family and clients.
"I want to show my kids that they should never give up," Ms Darjani said.
"I want show people that it's possible if they learn about their bodies."
Mrs Darjani hopes to go one better at next year's titles.
"This year was the tip of the iceberg," she said.
"I have much more to give. It's no easy feat but you just take each day as it comes and roll with the punches. It's like a roller coaster ride."

Bodybuilding mum rewarded | St Marys-Mt Druitt Star