• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gym Asshole Thread

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
You might be a gym asshole if....

(along the lines of " you might be a redneck if ... or " you might be a bogan if...")

you train in sweatpants to cover up your scrawny legs/calves but wear a sleeveless top to show off your "guns"

if you scream out every rep and drop all of the 10kg dumbells onto the floor from shoulder height at the end of the set, then walk off defiantly whilst staring at reflection in the mirror.

You don't put the plates back on the tree when you're done, or even more annoying (sometimes) you put a mix of plates on the same peg of the tree in no particular order

You put all of your stuff down at a rack as though you're about to use it... Then fuck off elsewhere to go and spend 20 minutes stretching foam rolling or doing something else altogether

phone-at-gym-meme.jpg

You use straps for anything done on a machine

You use a belt for EVERY exercise - seriously.. Wtf do you need a belt, done up tight, for bicep curls? What the hell "awwww yeah time to train da guns! .. Oh! Better put my belt on or I won't look like I'm a guy who works out!"

You spend 10 minutes explaining the technical points of bench press to your gf, give her all sorts of pointers and make lots of impressive comments about activating different muscles while she does her set.. Then struggle through 8 reps of 60kg without ever even threatening to bring the bar within 3incnes of your chest....

(Just got back from super dooper globo mega commercial gym in Darwin.. Awesome facility, but in the hour n a bit I was there had to shake my head at all of the above)

You wear gloves.

You go to the gym to pump up the guns before going out clubbing.

Assist someone on every single bench rep they ever do.

Utter the phrase it's all you bro.

Wear jeans to the gym

You tell other people about starting strength

You wear wrist wraps to bench.

You take a protein shake to the gym.

-you wipe the sweat off your forehead with the bottom of your shirt just to get a glimpse of your abs,
-wear a singlet 8 sizes to big so your chest hangs out,
-