• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Leg Extension suggestions.....

Just a couple of things to look for.

2. The seat and the back rest must be angled back

That puts lot of pressure on my knees, they hurt straight away when the seat is angled back. The closer to level the less grinding I find.
You dont get that form extensions?

That puts lot of pressure on my knees, they hurt straight away when the seat is angled back. The closer to level the less grinding I find.

That might be another issue in your case
To get the most out of extensions the seat and backrest should be set up as Silverback suggested.

Decreasing the angle at the hip...Leaning back completely relaxes the hamstring is all.

Lean forward and feel the difference.

"Pressure" "grinding" I can only assume this is either, what Darkoz states, or your not lined up in the machine correctly, in that the pivot point of the arm of the machine is not correctly aligned with the knee joint.

In some machines the seat can be designed poorly, (too close the axis ) creating shear force at full extension of the quad.

In effect, the edge of the seat is pressing against the upper calve and pushing the leg away from the thigh.

That will fuck the knee up.

As I said, a poorly designed machine with bad bio-mechanics will cause trouble.

These 2 guys might be worth a look for used commercial gear.

Used Commercial Gym Equipment, Gym and Fitness Equipment, Exercise Equipment For Sale

Calgym Leg ext $950

130815-1367_Calgym-Leg-Extension-2.jpg

Aussie Gym Equipment - Clearance Stock Sale

PIN loaded Leg Extensions $750

I like how they price there equipment. Take this shoulder press for example:
Calgym Shoulder Press, Original price $4,500. Now $795! (ex GST) - Cheap Calgym Shoulder Press - Grays Fitness, Melbourne, Australia
$4500 to sale price of $795.
Would this equipment be over 4k brand new?? I don't think it would.

I contacted them about the above. Worked out to be around 1250 with GST and shipping included. They said it had 100kg stack.

I`ve been doing a fair bit of research so will update this with the potential options....

I contacted them about the above. Worked out to be around 1250 with GST and shipping included. They said it had 100kg stack.

I`ve been doing a fair bit of research so will update this with the potential options....

Calgym is made in Australia as well. A lot of their benches and racks are in Goodlife gyms I have noticed.
Let us know what you end up getting and your thoughts on the machine.
Cheers

These are some of the options I am currently considering....

Southern Workout Store - Healthstream Commercial Leg Extension & Leg Curl - Fitness Equipment, Gym Equipment, Exercise Equipment Adelaide, Exercise Bike Adelaide, Workout Equipment, Home Fitness, Fitness Supermarket Adelaide, Weight Lifting Equipment

The above item is around 2k. It has the advantage of 2 exercises in one which will be handy for clients. It also does not look too intimidating for new users. I`m waiting to hear back on the weight stack as it`s either 71kgs or 113kgs.

I am also considering this one..

http://www.cyber-market.com.au/cyberfit-extension-p-252.html

Cost is on the site as 1200 bucks plus 200 odd for delivery. Weight stack is 90 kgs. Only one exercise but less money.

The other option is the one quoted above from Grays online. I like the look of this. Cost is around 1200 bucks delivered. 100kg stack. Cheaper than the other two options. Fully commercial and I`m assuming fairly bomb proof.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I think I may have encountered a problem with this purchase......

When I originally enquired about it, I was told in email that it had 100kg weight stack so I went ahead and ordered it (the pic on the net didn't really show a lot).

I have looked at a zoomed in pic of the item though and only counted about 9 single plates. I called the company and they said that it had a simple numbering system 1/2/3/ etc and each plate looked about 10lbs. This would a total weight stack of around 100lbs, 45kgs or so, not 100kg.

All the other machines on the site show large stacks with more than 10 plates or so. I am wondering if this item is an ex-contours/curves type piece as they have smaller stacks.

Given that the item is not as described, (i.e. 100kg stack) am I correct in thinking I am within my rights to cancel the order and ask for a refund? The item has not been shipped and I have emailed them explaining all the above.

Any thoughts?

After all the searching I finally snagged this piece today. Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Leg Ext.......for the amount of........300 bucks!

VERY pleased to say the least considering they are around 4k new I believe.

IMG_0883.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It needs a good clean etc but I`m over the moon.

Thanks to everyone who added to this thread :)

Last edited:
After all the searching I finally snagged this piece today. Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Leg Ext.......for the amount of........300 bucks!

VERY pleased to say the least considering they are around 4k new I believe.

IMG_0883.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It needs a good clean etc but I`m over the moon.

Thanks to everyone who added to this thread :)

Great find!
Shits all over the others you looked at