• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Major Exercises & Commercial Gyms

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What are some exercises we perform here at ausbb that you rarely see performed at a commercial gym?

the obvious:

--Squats
--Deadlifts

Calf exercises. Well I do them, hardly ever see anyone do them at the gym.
Fuckn track pants trainers.

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto

Calf exercises. Well I do them, hardly ever see anyone do them at the gym.
Fuckn track pants trainers.

I see a lot of people at my gym doing calf raises, usually older gym veterans and some females.

Rarely see people doing deadlifts also, only the same odd few that I've noticed.

I see a lot of people at my gym doing calf raises, usually older gym veterans and some females.

Rarely see people doing deadlifts also, only the same odd few that I've noticed.

Different demographics. Most in the gym I go to are 16-25 y/o.

The commercial gym I attend must be weird, a fair amount of squats and deadlifts. Shitloads of calf raises as well.

I rarely see powercleans performed, and other oly lifts only once.

I never see any squats or deadlift. The powercage is only used for rows LOL. Whenever i squat or deadlift people look at me funny. OHP is even rarer!

where I train is a little different... its focussed on "boxing for fitness" classes and thats all 90% of the members do.. the other 10% who use the cages/platforms do everything you'd hope for.. barely even any curling in the squat rack :p

The rack is pretty much never used at my gym, they all prefer the Smith machine. It's awesome.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

The rack is pretty much never used at my gym, they all prefer the Smith machine. It's awesome.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

The one Rack at our gym seem to be predominantly used for shrugs. And quarter squats..

Glad they have 2 new ones now!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

I see a lot of squatting at my gym, only a few squat to depth though.
Very rarely see deadlifts.

I think the type (nationally etc) of people in certain gyms can influence what exercises are done or lately done if at all.

Oddly I don't see many people doing curls.

Never see bb over head press.

Rare to see dead lifts.

Foam rollers never get used.

Plenty of squats and bench but.

When I used to train in a commercial gym I hardly ever used to see anyone squat, never seen a dead lift done ever.

Everyone used to bench press and use the pecdec and preacher curl machine.

I am the only person that does farmers walks @ the gym I go to. And Pendlay rows too.

Deadlifts are rare, and the members that actually do it well I can count on the fingers of one hand.

I have observed the foam roller used twice in the past year, but the bosu ball almost every single time I have been there.

My gym has a few deadlifters and squatters. Of the 15-20 regulars there when I am in the evenings I will see about half deadlift throughout the week including 3 females. And probably about the same number squatting, although only about four don't quarter or half squat.

Rare to see BB rows, OHP or even bench, most will opt for DBs or machines.

Barbell rows off the floor or pendlay rows but I hate calling them that. When I use to do these at good life gym everyone would look at me like I'm special.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2