• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Major Exercises & Commercial Gyms

I think a lot of the time people will avoid doing the big three lifts in the gym because they are an easy way to measure strength and they don't want others to know how weak they really are.

There's one Power Rack and a Smith Machine at my local.
I have never had a problem using the rack.....

In the short time I have been using the gym - I have seen one female doing dead lifts and one guy doing front squats. It's great for my needs to use the rack. Actually got to see "half squats" being done in the Smith Machine....Now I can understand the jokes about them - it's amusing to watch.

Yeah good one [MENTION=16386]ScottyB[/MENTION]; - front squats, that's one you don't see.... Or sumo variations of anything....

i dont go to the gym but from what i see most people do cardio or random exercises, i get weird looks just holding a diary of my ptc program and a pen when i went once with my friend was embarrassing seeing people doing heavy weights with really bad form trying to push the max on everything woot. one guy walks straight in with no warm up or anything load the leg press machine to the max and starts pumping 3-4 reps and went for 20 mins hike around before doing another set lmao

It's often difficult to get in the squat rack at my fitness first. Lots of squatting/deadlifting.

You don't see much upper body barbell work (i.e. military presses etc), unless it's seated bb shoulder press.

Lots of dipping. Not much farmer's walks these days. Rarely any trap or forearm work. Calves - some times.

As an aside, the most disappointing thing is that we don't have a seated cable row anymore. You have to go to a pulley station, set up a platform for you to sit on, a 20kg weight for your feet and then stack up silver dumbbells on top of each on the weights.