• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you do your HIIT

How do you do your HIIT

• Treadmill

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Bike

• Rowing machine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crosstrainer

• sled drag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • outdoor sprints

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • other

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
Can I ask what are some of the best sprint routines you guys do?

I started again this morning and haven't done any running since Tough Mudder previously but want to target fat loss more than fitness.

I did a 1km slow jog first then did 6 X 100 sprints and topped it off by 2 X steep hill sprints and finished with a slow jog (500m).

I sprint 50m then walk back and repeat until 20mins is up.

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto

i spose boxing is my main HIIT these days - we do alot of work on pads thats 20 sec on then 30 seconds off for a few rounds, By the end your jab feels like your moving a cinder block

when i was doing it i would go goal post to goal post, straight at a "sprint" then job back around the outside of ovel for 8, thenwould finish off with 8 times 50m sprints, jogging back

15-20 x 40/20 intervals on the spin bike or rower.

Love hill sprints as well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I do cycling, walking and running.

Yesterday, 15 minutes walking in morning before upper body weights.

Last night, 18km cycling (up and back to running track), 5 x 40m sprints, and 3 x 200m (3 minutes rest in between).

Last edited:
shit, I actually thought I had corrected that. Yes, hybrid bikes are heavier than road bikes, but not that heavy.

18kg for any bike is UBER heavy.... Downhill bikes these days are rarely this heavy... my All mountain bike is just just under 12kg, although it is a carbon frame, but i still consider it heavier than my previous HT XC bike.

no, it was a joke.

It was supposed to say 18km (how far I rode), bike not that heavy.

No bike today weighs 18kg

gym
stationary bike/rowing machine(crossfit style)/sled push

home
walk or cycle - preference is beach walk but not very high intensity

no, it was a joke.

It was supposed to say 18km (how far I rode), bike not that heavy.

No bike today weighs 18kg

More than a few do weigh around there but mostly mtb and roadsters

some of the downhill mtb are (15 - 19 kg) especially with full suspension
and if you want them to last

some of the retro yuppy/trendite pashley bikes are 14 - 22kg

I am pretty fat and lazy atm, i go on the treadmill for 15-25 mins maximum incline walk speed of 6 then throw in 3-4 30 sec to 1 min sprints (speed 12) 2-3 times a week but i should really step it up to everyday infact i will start that tomorow first thing when i get up glass of water on empty stomach do it everyday.

for afternoons i normally get on my hydrid road bike cycle around for 45 mins to hour, throw in 4-5 sprints on maximum speed settings which is 3 disc + 8 on speed (smallest sprocken) it feels like i am doing 50 kms per hour at full speed getting fatique with in 10-15 sec. almost keep up with cars doing 50 kms :)

) it feels like i am doing 50 kms per hour at full speed

I hate to break it to you, but unless you're on a steep decline I seriously doubt you are doing 50km/h on a hybrid.

The gearing just isn't high enough.

I can get up to 50 on my 50/12 road bike at a cadence of ~100, any more than that involves a hill.

Get yourself a a Garmin Edge 500 (or better), measures wheel speed, pedal cadence, heart rate and GPS. It will let you know exactly what you're doing.

Started running at the local athletics tracks doing Tabata style HITT. Found running on a the track was a much more consistent environment to do HITT as opposed to doing it in the park or hilly terrain. Now that I've got a foundation starting doing 2 minutes intervals with 1 minute steady cardio (got this program from Strategic Cardio)