• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you do your HIIT

How do you do your HIIT

• Treadmill

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Bike

• Rowing machine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crosstrainer

• sled drag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • outdoor sprints

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • other

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
I use a bike at a high resistance level and go flat out like its life or death for 30 seconds then 3 mins rest and repeat, after 4-5 rounds my legs can't take it anymore and I feel like spewing lol

I've started doing stomach crunches as my morning HIIT. A lot of the old time bbers swore by abs for cardio to get a shredded six pack. I seem to hold most of my fat in this area and I never work it. Hopefully the extra localised blood flow will make a difference. Worthwhile experimenting

I've started doing stomach crunches as my morning HIIT. A lot of the old time bbers swore by abs for cardio to get a shredded six pack. I seem to hold most of my fat in this area and I never work it. Hopefully the extra localised blood flow will make a difference. Worthwhile experimenting

Try doing AB vacuums also and the beauty is you can do them anywhere, in the shower, driving, sitting at the desk.
Do them standing, lying and bent over

Try doing AB vacuums also and the beauty is you can do them anywhere, in the shower, driving, sitting at the desk.
Do them standing, lying and bent over

Is this as simple as attempting to get the belly button as close to the spine as possible or is there more to it? Seems like it would be good

Is this as simple as attempting to get the belly button as close to the spine as possible or is there more to it? Seems like it would be good

That's pretty much it, it's a lot harder than it sounds, you should feel the underlying muscles cramp up.
Hold it for as long as you can, you progress by aiming to increase the time each session.

Yeah makes sense
I've been doing a fair bit of these old school methods lately. I like that look.
Been doing those chest expansion breathing pullovers and chest flies too. I think I'll add these in as well as a good stomach vacuum looks cool as fuck

Yeah makes sense
I've been doing a fair bit of these old school methods lately. I like that look.
Been doing those chest expansion breathing pullovers and chest flies too. I think I'll add these in as well as a good stomach vacuum looks cool as fuck

It's an impressive look, Frank Zane was a master of it.

Yeah I was just about to post this pic actually. Pretty much perfection
This or Vegeta from Dragonball Z

frank-zane-stomach-vacuum.jpg