• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How far in advance to you prepare meals?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
do you cook up/prepare a shitload on sunday arvo or do it on the fly

Just before they get eaten, did not know there was any other way of doing it, I like my food freshly prepared not re heated.

I prep on a Sunday afternoon, dinner for sunday night and meals for Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday I usually do on the fly...

On the fly dinners for me. Always make enough dinner to do the next days lunch, and brekky is the same each day.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I used to prepare them 4 days out but by the 4th days I's be so over what I had planned to eat. Now its on the fly from my list of allowed foods.

very rarely do I have to pre prepare meals as I come home for breakfast/lunch. I normally use the slow cooker at the same time to prepare something for dinner.

Just started pre prepping my lunch for during the week again, have done enough pasta for about 4-5 days, and I'll add tuna to each days container, plus I've done 10 hard boiled eggs...

I have a packed lunch so this works well, I have been just making it every night but I've been finding that by the time I train, come home, spend time with family and cook dinner, I never make next days lunch and end up eating subway...

Would probably be easier to pre prepare, I have a mate that does this but he lives alone. Normally I don't know what we are having so as IIFYM goes basically its just the weight of the food that is calculated about 20mins prior.

I always tell myself that sunday il do a big shop and cook up for the next week or few days.

But i love food, and dont just eat for the sake of eating. So i like to eat fresh food

Then again, I will cook extra dinner and take for lunch. Or make a beef pasta sauce that i know keeps well for a few days.

Im not a big fan of re heated meat, nor vegies

So i like to think im semi prepared. I could do much better wich in turn would save time, but i dont mind comming home to cook dinner. Been doing it since i was a kid.

I do shift work on a rotating roster.

Say I have 3 days coming up then 2 nights and then 5 off.

I will make up enough for the 3 days then on my transition day where I don't have to start untill that night I will make another 3 to get me through the nights and the day when I finish night shifts then I will make enough for my whole 5 days off and start it all over agin on my last day off.

#shiftworksucksballs

Prepare on the fly with the occasional stew kept in the fridge/freezer for when I am short on prep time. If there is food in front of me a generally eat it so not often there are leftovers.