• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

catdog

Hi All,

Hopefully this is the correct forum...Just after some advice on my current workout program:

Goal: To gain mass and strength

Current lifts:
Barbell squat 105kg 3x5
Barbell bench 100kg 3x5
Barbell row 75kg 3x5
Barbell overhead press 65kg 3x5
deadlift 130kg 1x5

Tuesday Workout A
Wednesday Workout B
Friday Workout A
Sunday Workout B

Workout A: shoulders/chest/tris
barbell bench press 3x5
barbell overhead press 3x5
dips 3xF
dumb bell lateral raise 3x8
dumb bell front raise 3x8
tricep pushdown 3x8

Workout B: legs/back/bis
3x5 barbell squats
3x8 barbell row or 1x5 deadlifts + dumb bell rows
3x8 good morning
3x10 leg press or lunges
3x8 lat pull down/Pullups
3x10-20 calf raise
3x8 preacher curls

1. *Is it working?
2. How long have you been using it?
3. Did you make this up yourself?

*what I mean is, are you growing?
Did you take measurements of cold muscle before you started.

1. *Is it working?
2. How long have you been using it?
3. Did you make this up yourself?

*what I mean is, are you growing?
Did you take measurements of cold muscle before you started.

1. Strength wise I haven't really been making much progress - However, this could be due to not eating quite enough... have slowly been increasing calorie intake and have started gaining weight again around 4000cals/day.

2. 1-2 months

3. Made it up myself or subconsciously stole it from somewhere

I haven't taken any measurements - only track body weight and strength gains.

Your squat and deads seem pretty low in comparison to the rest mate. Have you tested 1RM? It might be time to give that a shot to not only see what you can do, but also spot all of your form flaws.

Your squat and deads seem pretty low in comparison to the rest mate. Have you tested 1RM? It might be time to give that a shot to not only see what you can do, but also spot all of your form flaws.

Yeah, I tend to struggle with squats due to a dodgy left knee and deadlifts due to sweaty hands.

Haven't gained any strength in the last few months even though I've been gaining weight, so think I'll give something else a go.. such as a lower/upper split like this:
Dave's Upper/ Lower Split (DULS) | Muscle & Strength

Although feeling a bit obese at the moment so most likely going to go on a cut so that I look exactly the same as I did at the start of the year with similar strength.

*frustrated*

I really like the look of that workout plan

I would probably modify it for my own tastes, but looks that goods

i would consider spreading it over a 3 day week like a Push/Pull/Legs type routine this way you can give 100% to the major lifts as training legs and back on the same day is tasking this may be why your strength is not increasing, but in saying all of this diet must be key neither strength or muscle mass will come if you are not feeding the engine...

Well!
Chest;Bench press,butter fly and cross over.
Shoulders;Pullover and peradips
Legs;Leg curling
Wings;Rowing,chinbar
AND DO your routiner ecercise daily and increase your weight power.