• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pain ointment of choice

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What does everyone use in here to get some of the DOMS discomfort out of their system or to aid in recovery?

after squat day i like nothing more then to lather my legs down with dencorub ,

I find a 20 min lite stroll on the treadmill after squats seems to really help which soreness the next day.

more squats?

if i have a heavy leg day i usually sleep in my skins. helps the blood flow to the muscles to remove the metabolic by products.

hells yeah for year 12 PE haha. maybe its more of a placebo effect.

Don't use anything. May be a bit of foam rolling after training and the next day.

Emu Oil once upon a time but only for strains etc.

DOMS needs no oikment apart from bacon.

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto

No ointments for me. Just lots of band work for the shoulders following upper body days and some light work on the spin bike following lower days.

The missus teaches yoga so she helps me out as well. Its awesome the day after a workout to get the recovery going.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Do mild 15-20 mins walk after session. Then I would stretch 10 mins apply ice pack if need then eva foam rolls. Immediately jump in hot shower for 5 cold 5 hot 5 cold 5 . I sleep in compression cloths next day feels almost good to go for a cardio session in morning but I normally habe refeed go cardio in evening. Then its weights days again the next morning feeling normal. If you wanted download yoga xt from tapout or insanity yoga p90x yoga :)

When I would have long pre season days and camps, I would lightly use icyhot cause you never really had a chance to rest, but I would suggest trying to stretch and rest as much as you can before you have to turn to ointments. Stretching and rest is what will really help your cause, ointments just make the pain or feeling of tightness go away for a bit

Someone told me about an equine ointment that is popular with powerlifters, (topical oil, not intramuscular lol), anyone know the name?

Yeah rapid gel. Say its for horses and everyone thinks its a wonder cure. Have a look at the active ingredients, nothing special.

Had plenty of people tell me about it, tried it, didn't notice anything at all.