• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Testosterone Boosting Foods

Big Mick

"2014 - Kunce of the year"
Just been doing some thinking......this is always bed:p

Is there such a thing as foods that will increase Testosterone or block Oestrogen??

As I am getting a bit older I was considering adjusting my diet for my new training routine (5/3/1), I wanted to include foods that will assist in recovery and hopefully increase test a bit:)

Note this is in the Diet and Nurition section of the forum, NOT the supplement section, so we will hopefully be dicussing FOOD...NOT.....SUPPLEMENTS:)

I have already done some reading and research and have some ideas, but would like to throw this to open discussion for 24 hours before I will post my findings and ideas.

Let the wars begin:p

I don't think there is, well nothing that will raise levels significantly.

Oysters maybe...LOL

Foods that contain nutrients important in the production of test will help like the oysters mentioned by Shrek. Oysters have massive amounts of zinc so they definitely support test production.

I don't know of any that help directly but I'll be following the thread closely.

apparently broccoli contains something called DIM which is meant to be an anti estrogen. you'd probably have to eat shit loads of it to get a decent effect though.

Do you sleep well Big Mick?

My sleep patterns are stuffed from many years of shift work, but when I sleep I sleep well. Why?

Have read those before hence me starting this thread.

Will be incorporating some of these foods into my daily diet. I am going to get serious, and I am currently writing a diet plant that I will enjoy and that is not too restrictive.

Will be incorporating, eggs, protein powder, tuna, avocado, nuts, berries etc things I enjoy anyway.

It seems for optimal test levels, hard training (heavy weights) is beneficial, need enough sleep and plenty of fats and proteins.

Last edited:
I thought that's why you might have asked that question.

I have no idea if my test is low for my age, but just want to try and optimize things if possible, I am certain it's not the same as when I was 19.