• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Syd] Where do you bulk buy your meat?

jdh

Hi guys and girls,

My first post here :)

Quick question for you Sydneysiders: where do you bulk buy your meat? I've found Aldi not too bad ($9.99/kg for chicken breast), but unfortunately our office is moving, which will make it a bit harder. Is there a good online delivery service that's not too expensive? Or a place somewhere in the eastern suburbs where I can go and bulk buy?

Thanks!

Where you moving to?

I got ALL my meat for personal and work BBQs from Devitts Wholesale in Narrabeean just north of Collaroy. Beautiful meats and good prices too.

When in Sydney used to buy almost all my meat from Asian (usually Vietnamese) butchers, best quality meat, as they are extremely fussy about their meat and cheapest prices. Used to go to Cabramatta for lunch on a week end and stock up on meat for the next 2-3 weeks, great sea food as well, such as oysters and prawns etc.

Living 8 hours from Sydney now I just made friends with my local butcher shop and generally buy bulk black Angus beef for great prices and pork also from butcher, chicken from Coles or Woolworths, usually around $8.99 to $9.99kg for breast and $3.99 for drum sticks.

A&J meats in Mascot are ok
Origin Meats are ok, but only open saturdays
establishment 218 is very good (sounds like a brothel, but is a meat place)
also Vics meats in the back of mascot has good specials every now and then.
look these up

A&J meats in Mascot are ok
Origin Meats are ok, but only open saturdays
establishment 218 is very good (sounds like a brothel, but is a meat place)
also Vics meats in the back of mascot has good specials every now and then.
look these up

+1 for all the above

Also, Havricks meats around the corner from vics are great if not better

When in Sydney used to buy almost all my meat from Asian (usually Vietnamese) butchers, best quality meat, as they are extremely fussy about their meat and cheapest prices. Used to go to Cabramatta for lunch on a week end and stock up on meat for the next 2-3 weeks, great sea food as well, such as oysters and prawns etc.

Living 8 hours from Sydney now I just made friends with my local butcher shop and generally buy bulk black Angus beef for great prices and pork also from butcher, chicken from Coles or Woolworths, usually around $8.99 to $9.99kg for breast and $3.99 for drum sticks.

Hit an miss with the asian butchers, there pork is 100% spot on

There beef and lamb is usually quite rubbish, They eat meat VERY fresh. So pork is fine, But slaughterhouse to shop window on under 48 hours for beef is crap....

I also take my butcher brother along, as a few places will sell you chuck steak and lean scotch fillet for $20 a kg. Gotta be careful and make sure they give you the right cuts and not get ripped off.

Anyone want to go half in a Beef carcass in Sydney hit me up, Ive been looking around and trailing lots of beef and found a few real nice ones.

Works out nice and cheap but you need a chest freezer and preferably a vacuum sealer.

Hit an miss with the asian butchers, there pork is 100% spot on

There beef and lamb is usually quite rubbish, They eat meat VERY fresh. So pork is fine, But slaughterhouse to shop window on under 48 hours for beef is crap....

I also take my butcher brother along, as a few places will sell you chuck steak and lean scotch fillet for $20 a kg. Gotta be careful and make sure they give you the right cuts and not get ripped off.

Never had a bad experience, but then again I do not buy or eat lamb, don't like the taste and smell of it, it's dog food IMO.

My favourite meat is pork and chicken, that's probably why I got on with my local Vietnamese butcher so well, and beef was usually good, I used to pick the piece I want out of the window, used to buy in bulk as well.

Just driving home from a swim and saw a sign on beauchamp rd maroubra/matraville for a meat wholesaler. Might be worth looking them up too [MENTION=8663]Sydking[/MENTION]; & [MENTION=16531]jdh[/MENTION];

If you are into the whole organic blah blah blah (I am to an extent but I am aware most Aussie meat is top quality anyway) this farm sell some nice bulk packs Myall Springs | Organic Beef & Lamb chicken breast goes for about 5 or 6 bucks a kilo at most grocer/delis when they are on sale, usually in 5kg+ bags.

I think there are plenty of good butchers about, I currently use the local butcher and he is great ( no where near Sydney he is Goondiwindy QLD just over the NSW border) especially for beef, and prices are great, I can buy 5-10 kg of black angus rump steak that tastes like heaven for the same price I used to pay for chuck steak in Sydney. And T Bones ate unbelieveable.

I often get bulk angus and then what ever does not fit into the freezer gets turned into beef jerky:)

I found getting a good relationship with a good butcher helps, I walk into our current one and he starts getting my meat ready before I order it, as he knows what I am after, my Sydney butcher was the same, always used to buy bulk, and save $$$

Last edited:
I dont eat the gas flushed shit from Supermarkets. I rather go vegetarian.
I only get meat from broken down carcass.

Been eating all Havericks meat since Saturday.

dam its good, I spent $130 on all sorts off stuff. Atleast 3 weeks worth of meat

amazing stuff, The beef skewers are made with Eye fillet and so dam tender.

Will try there chicken wings tonight in the Weber Kettle, Ive marinated them in oregano, garlic and paprika.

Cant wait!

I get mine from a local butcher in Liverpool. Can't remember the name of it. I just send the cook there. :)

I have in the past been going to pendle hill meats. Google them. I found selection great and I am pretty fussy about quality coming from Ireland where i believe the quality is so much better. I is well priced but I think you get what you pay for so I don't mind paying a bit more for good meat

I have in the past been going to pendle hill meats. Google them. I found selection great and I am pretty fussy about quality coming from Ireland where i believe the quality is so much better. I is well priced but I think you get what you pay for so I don't mind paying a bit more for good meat

Buying in bulk you should be able to get top quality for way cheaper than the supermarket. Otherwise you are getting ripped off.